General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User treforh
(newbie) Sat 01-Oct-11 09:30:29
Print Post

BT Home Hub 2.0 Question

[link to this post]

My house phone wiring was installed long before ADSL was thought of. So itís very long and not necessarily twisted pair. But the other house stakeholder (i.e. the missus) likes all the extensions just the way they are.
Aforementioned Stakeholder also doesnít want changes to phone numbers etc.
I have BT Broadband with a Home Hub 2 Wireless Router and have the BT Broadband Talk service. Calls to our normal Landline number are also routed by BT to the Broadband Talk phones. Currently these are two BT Wi Fi Hub Phones.
So, my question is, if I route all my internal phone wiring via the BT Broadband Talk phone socket on the BT Home Hub 2.0 des this effectively isolate all the dodgy extension wiring from my main phone line? Anyone know about the internals of a BT Home Hub 2.0?
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Oct-11 17:23:24
Print Post

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0 Question

[re: treforh] [link to this post]

Best option to isolate dubious extension wiring is to fit a faceplate filter on the NTE.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 02-Oct-11 11:25:50
Print Post

Re: BT Home Hub 2.0 Question

[re: treforh] [link to this post]

I believe the phone socket on the hub is filtered from the ADSL / phone line input, so you could in principle plug your household extension wiring into that socket and plug the hub into the incoming line at the master test socket, or similar.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to