General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Peterpur
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-11 14:40:34
Print Post

VM and BT infinity coexist?

[link to this post]

I'm wondering if it's possible to have both VM and BT infinity at the same time if I have signed up with VM for my phone service already.

Some background.
I work from home a fair bit and would like redundancy for Internet. I signed up for the VM bundle (Internet, tv, phone) 2 weeks back and it's up and running. But it broke down within 3 days. To VM's credit they fixed it in 10 hrs. Still I'd much prefer to have a backup and I can get BT infinity according to BT's website.

With the phone service belonging to VM, can I still signup for BT infinity? I suppose my mistake was that I should have just taken up VM for Internet and tv but not phone. The offer to waive installation and a discount for 6 months when taking the full bundle was just too irresistible.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 02-Oct-11 14:54:41
Print Post

Re: VM and BT infinity coexist?

[re: Peterpur] [link to this post]

You'll need a phone for BT Infinity. You can have Virgin cable without a phone but it costs more.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Oct-11 15:09:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
You'll need a phone for BT Infinity. You can have Virgin cable without a phone but it costs more.
A BT line rental phone in fact. Not a WLR line. I see they are doing free connection at the moment.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Oct-11 21:49:03
Print Post

[re: Peterpur] [link to this post]

VM Phone charges are well off the pace. More expensive than BT on call connection charges, call charges and inclusive call bundles. Superfast Broadband even more so.

Time to get out the spreadsheet. VM is simply uncompetitive these days.There is no logical reason to use Virgin for telephony

Edited by RandomJointer (Sun 02-Oct-11 21:50:26)

Print Thread

Jump to