General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Fens
(regular) Mon 10-Oct-11 17:30:14
Print Post

LLU

[link to this post]

I live in a small village which up to now has only BT non LLU available for broadband. Just recently TalkTalk LLU has been made available, I've heard horror stories so not really interested in signing up with them but it may be my only option. I'm with Plusnet which is not a bad service (luckily I'm close to the exchange, my attenuation is 12 down and 8 up) but the bottlenecks I suppose because of contention can be very noticeable in the evenings.

I was wondering if it is possible to check whether any other LLU services are planned? Or if it is likely that other LLU providers will follow now TalkTalk has got a service going?
Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 10-Oct-11 17:53:27
Print Post

Re: LLU -

[re: Fens] [link to this post]

The other option is to sign up with a reseller so you can be on the TalkTalk network without having to endure the TalkTalk customer service experience ( something I have had first hand experience of trying to sort out an issue for a friends' house move) OR the TalkTalk operated traffic management.

I Intend to take this route myself if my exchange ever gets beyond "targeted" for TalkTalk LLU. You could talk to Vivaciti about available options - and I believe ADSL24 have just started to offer TalkTalk connectivity as well, you may even find that they offer shorter contract terms.

HTH

Any ISP that thinks that selling my click traffic is acceptable is MisinPHORMed My Broadband Speed Test
Market 1 (IPSC) - a BT group investment NOT Spot

Edited by warweezil (Mon 10-Oct-11 17:55:03)

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Oct-11 17:58:06
Print Post

Re: LLU

A couple of recent similarish threads with TT LLU now provided in the exchange and the BB resellers who use the TT network, might be of interest smile

............................... link 1

............................... link 2

Alastair

omadasafisho

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Mon 10-Oct-11 18:00:24
Print Post

Worth the risk with such short distance (12down),

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php

There might be resellers of TT LLU once it goes live.

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Tue 11-Oct-11 21:24:36
Print Post

In a small village I would not expect other ISP's to think it would be worthwhile.

I am with TT and am very close to the exchange, (3.9 and 1.9) and have no complaints to date.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 11-Oct-11 23:30:38
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NilSatisOptimum:
There might be resellers of TT LLU once it goes live.
?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 11-Oct-11 23:34:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
?

I'm alright Jack....
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 12-Oct-11 01:47:22
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NilSatisOptimum:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
?

TT is live and there are resellers, so I don't know what you are saying smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Fens
(regular) Wed 12-Oct-11 10:00:56
Print Post

[re: Sylcol] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. I've been trying to look into costs for TalkTalk, but - I may be being daft -.but I don't find their site very clear. Is is not possible to get their LLU broadband without using TT for phone as well? If you can only get the bundle then that would kill that option for me.

I'm not familiar with the reseller angle, but if that is the case then cost for me would be a guiding factor. I'm currently I think paying 11.99 per month. For what I use BB for I don't want to pay too much more than that unless there were significant advantages. I'm an average user about 8-9 Gig month and mostly use it to surf, email, bit of streaming etc.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 12-Oct-11 11:30:56
Print Post

You MUST take the phone if you want their broadband, has been that way since launch in 2006

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to