General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 20-Oct-11 16:17:47
Print Post

DMT tool work with Netgear DG834G ?

[link to this post]

Hi there

I have a Netgear DG834G v3 , will the DMT tool work with this router? many thanks
Standard User john2007
(legend) Thu 20-Oct-11 17:54:28
Print Post

Re: DMT tool work with Netgear DG834G ?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

No.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Thu 20-Oct-11 17:55:48
Print Post

What are you trying to do? The DG834G v3 does provide lots of stats.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 18:08:02
Print Post

get a v4 or GT if you want to tweak.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 20-Oct-11 18:18:45
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

i wanted to raise the snr because at night iit will fall to 0 the router then resyncs at just under 4000 ( and happy stay at this) , were a re sycn in the morning will get 5200 with snr between 6 - 9.

so i wanted to try and hold the snr at 9 so i get keep the 5200 sync and get a better ip profile smile

would the above be possible on a v4 of this router? , many hanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 18:49:55
Print Post

Well, you can only tweak the Target SNR Margin, i.e. the one it initially connects with, see http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/dg834GT_targetsnr.htm

If it then falls by as much as 9 dB, you have a noise issue, and all you can do is raise the initial Target SNR with consequent loss of speed.

There is no way to fix the SNR Margin at 9 dB, as it responds to noise over time.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 17 Meg Untweaked 19 Meg Tweaked WBC
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Oct-11 19:02:36
Print Post

You can get a copy of the DGTeam firmware for the DG834Gv3 from this website (his) thanks to DrTeeth.

Have a read of HOW TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE before doing it, remember it's at your own risk!

The firmware allows tweaking of the noise margin (as well as other things to play with) by changing the SNR percentage, you'll find it in the Advanced ADSL Settings ..... click on that tab to open.

Obviously if you have line fault issues you should try and get them sorted first.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Oct-11 08:32:10
Print Post

You could use RouterStats instead of DMT, as that keeps graphing through disconnections and gves you a better idea of what is going on.

As othere have said, you may have a solvable problem with that noise variation. Have you seen what happens with the test socket inside the master, without uisnig a plug-in extension cable to get to it?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 21-Oct-11 09:59:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

hi there i am directly plugged into the master socket via a bt open reach filtered face plate ,
many thanks
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 21-Oct-11 10:02:01
Print Post

just to add, i tried the test socket ( was plugged into to thaty for about a yr) before bt fitted the face plate but was just the same
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to