General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bemused_Mike
(member) Mon 14-Nov-11 16:41:39
Print Post

Domain and E-mail Hosting Suggestions

[link to this post]

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest any websites that offer domain and e-mail hosting for a reasonable price? Webspace with the domain is not necessary. I'm just looking to improve my e-mail address so it's more personal and shorter.

I'd greatly apprecaite being pointed in the right direction, so if you can help me out please chip in.

Thanks. smile
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-11 16:46:31
Print Post

Re: Domain and E-mail Hosting Suggestions

[re: Bemused_Mike] [link to this post]

Everyone will have their own favourites, but I have happily been using www.1and1.co.uk for a very long time. Works for me.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 14-Nov-11 17:02:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bemused_Mike:
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest any websites that offer domain and e-mail hosting for a reasonable price? Webspace with the domain is not necessary. I'm just looking to improve my e-mail address so it's more personal and shorter.

I'd greatly apprecaite being pointed in the right direction, so if you can help me out please chip in.

Thanks. smile

I use this company for E-mail hosting @£12.00 inc vat =12mths, never had any issues with the service, I have the domain name registered with a different company makes things easier if and when you want to change hosting providers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Going_Digital
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-11 17:15:59
Print Post

Not so much as recommendation but a warning, stay well clear of 123-reg they are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to have dealt with.

adslnation - The Broadband Experts.
http://www.adslnation.com
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-11 19:24:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by Bemused_Mike:

I use www.gandi.net for domain hosting and the free Google Apps service for email and very basic web.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 14-Nov-11 23:33:17
Print Post

I suggest you buy the domain name separately from any hosting. They don't have to be the same company.
Standard User gromit69
(member) Tue 15-Nov-11 01:30:12
Print Post

A vote for Daily.co.uk as the domain registrar and Google Apps for email hosting.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 15-Nov-11 02:49:55
Print Post

[re: Going_Digital] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Going_Digital:
Not so much as recommendation but a warning, stay well clear of 123-reg they are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to have dealt with.

I've been using them since for 8 years (since June 2003) and never once had a problem... so maybe you are just unfortunate. Also used All About Internet Hosting for the same time period and the few problems that have occurred have been fixed extremely fast, so would recommend.

Regards,

Dave.
Standard User rarrar
(member) Tue 15-Nov-11 08:01:01
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have my domains registered with 123-reg and use tsohosts for email serving.
Only issue I have had with 123-reg is understanding their SPAM filtering if using email forwarding ( their tech support was very helpful) but now use tsohosts for email and their tech support is good.

Probably little wrong with many of these providers, however only find out how good their support is when something goes wrong.
Standard User AEP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Nov-11 08:06:55
Print Post

I've always been happy with Heart Internet for domain, mail, and web hosting.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to