General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Nov-11 22:46:27
Print Post

Virtualnames hosting down?

[link to this post]

Looking like virtualnames.co.uk is down along with the e-mail too, & even ukservers.net appears to be down or it is for me
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Nov-11 22:56:46
Print Post

Re: Virtualnames hosting down?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Yes been down since 8:45 this evening! Not like them! I have been with them since 1999 and this is a first!
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Nov-11 23:08:32
Print Post

Hmm, yeah - I've just noticed that too. They were up a bit earlier and I was only talking to Rob in Tech Support at about 17:30 today.
The whole lot down!?!? That's pretty bad news. I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that says they've got a US-Based mirror site. I hope it's nothing too major!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Nov-11 23:19:33
Print Post

A friend of mine who also uses them says that Option 3 on their helpline number ( 0870 165 1416 ) - Says that they have got a major network problem.
At least we know now.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 24-Nov-11 23:22:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hmm, yeah - I've just noticed that too. They were up a bit earlier and I was only talking to Rob in Tech Support at about 17:30 today.
The whole lot down!?!? That's pretty bad news. I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere that says they've got a US-Based mirror site. I hope it's nothing too major!!
I only use them for e-mail , used them for just over 12mths without any major issues, but it is a bit unusual that the webmail login pages are also down along with the sister site ukservers.net , maybe some sort of Internet fault such as a fibre break
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 25-Nov-11 01:56:54
Print Post

Hi from Virtualnames: We are unfortunately experiencing a serious Denial of service attack. Engineers are working on this but if anyone has had experience of these type of things will know they can be tricky things to stop. We are currently keeping customers updated via our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/virtualnames
  Print Thread

Jump to