General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HySpeedBroadband
(newbie) Wed 30-Nov-11 13:45:26
Print Post

Best Router for gaming?

[link to this post]

I posted about a week ago about my PS3 going offline. connected to a wireless D link fir-615 on a 20mb connection from Virgin....just wondered if this may be the problem? are there better routers? or how can i configure my router so my connection can stay on on my PS3...

as stated before my ps3 only works when the main computer which is wired has been switched off.

help please...or any advice would be great, I cant be the only person with this problem.

HySpeed Broadband can deliver a satellite broadband service to anywhere in the UK regardless of area.

Twitter: HySpeedBB
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 30-Nov-11 16:55:37
Print Post

Re: Best Router for gaming?

[re: HySpeedBroadband] [link to this post]

You need to expend the time to determine what it is on the PC that is causing the issue.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/tbbmeter.html can show how much data the PC is pushing and pulling, and the advanced side of it can tell your where it is going to and coming from, and even what executable is doing all the talking.

What is the modem you are using? Since looking at the spec for your router, it has an Ethernet WAN port. The use of seperate modem and router can sometimes lead to problems, as not all of them sit together well.

If wanting to try the spend money route first, then maybe the Linksys E1000 Wireless-N Router

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to