General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User HySpeedBroadband
(newbie) Mon 05-Dec-11 09:15:26
Print Post

Help with my broadband issues?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I have a d link router DIR615, supplied by Virgin Media, as is the modem.

My main PC is cabled, the rest of the network is wireless.

I'm getting ping speeds of 29ms, DL speed 18.52 (on a 20mb connection), Up speed .64. (Just done it, at this time of evening, and it's been like this all day.

My PC stays connected, my laptop (if on) stays connected, a laptop in room directly above router stays on.

BUT, (and tbh I don't know completely how long this has been going on, but certainly a good month now) the PS3 just cannot stay connected, even on the main dashboard, yet the signal strength is 100%.

The error code seems to be 8002AD23

Interestingly, we ran a short experiment where the cabled PC (and all other devices) were switched off and just the PS3 was on. Game played out fine (a game on FIFA12 + a bit of DC Universe). I then booted up cabled PC, all fine and then logged into an online PC game (FW), still fine.

Why should it seem to work turning on this way round?

I have called virgin media support 3 times in last 10 days. They tweaked the router settings a bit but clearly it hasn't helped. They don't support PS3 (surprise suprise)

Any ideas please? I'm fed up with being asked to "sort it out"

Cheers!

HySpeed Broadband can deliver a satellite broadband service to anywhere in the UK regardless of area.

Twitter: HySpeedBB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 05-Dec-11 09:45:24
Print Post

Re: Help with my broadband issues?

[re: HySpeedBroadband] [link to this post]

Why the multiple line spacing, which you have never done before?
I'm getting ping speeds of 29ms, DL speed 18.52 (on a 20mb connection), Up speed .64. (Just done it, at this time of evening, and it's been like this all day.
Strange - posted at 9:15am.

Why this thread anyway? What's wrong with this one?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User HySpeedBroadband
(newbie) Mon 05-Dec-11 09:51:34
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the help....

I copied and pasted it from the PS3 forum where I am also trying to solve this issue. Just wondering if anyone knew anything.

HySpeed Broadband can deliver a satellite broadband service to anywhere in the UK regardless of area.

Twitter: HySpeedBB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator Sadoldman
(moderator) Mon 05-Dec-11 13:19:53
Print Post

[re: HySpeedBroadband] [link to this post]

I think the original thread should suffice stick with that one if need be.

Be aware that whilst we do not mind a link in a sig we need to be concious that posts are not made to promote said link.

Closing this one

Sadoldman

Just a tad sad..a wee bit old...wink

don@thinkbroadband.com
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to