Of course I did that immediately. Orange, who commissioned the BT OR engs in the 1st place, refused to do anything and told me to get on to my voice supplier, BT. BT refused to do anything cuz it involved a BB filter told me to get on to my BB supplier.
Of course it was Orange's responsibility, but it was simplest to get out that loop by re-fitting the dangly filter
EDIT: I have since had a visit from a BT eng. for a voice fault on another line who nicely gave me a standard NTE5 faceplate when I asked but wouldn't fit it as it was a diff line to the one he was called for. I haven't bothered to fit it yet.
1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 09-Dec-11 13:39:17)