General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Azz
(newbie) Fri 06-Jan-12 16:43:23
Print Post

phone socket

[link to this post]

hi I am new to the forum and know very little about the Internet I applied for bt fibre optic broadband but they say an engineer needs to come out because I haven't got the correct phone socket. I do have a very old socket that the wire from outside goes into but then it comes out of the old one and into a new socket only thing is the new master socket doesn't have the bt logo on it it has a logo with a t on it. I was wondering if I needed to pay an engineer 130 pound to come out or if the box I have fitted works. ps the phone line is currently disconrctdd any help would be a blessing thanks
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Jan-12 17:56:26
Print Post

Re: phone socket

[re: Azz] [link to this post]

It is often the case that an engineer needs to come to reconnect a line, when they do they will sort out the socket(s) then. You will also another visit to have Infinity installed. If that's what you want, just go ahead and order.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 06-Jan-12 21:54:41
Print Post

Re: phone socket

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

As he gets a free line install with Infinity if there isn't an active line, the engineer will automatically fit a new NTE5 in this situation won't he Zarjaz? So the OP has nothing to worry about?

I think that is what you are saying but I'm not sure, so he might not be.

What might cost him would be if he just ordered a line first, as that could have an installation charge anyway.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sat 07-Jan-12 12:42:44
Print Post

Re:phone socket

[re: Azz] [link to this post]

Hi Azz,

Its depends on the Infinity package you have decided to go for, Option 1 has a ???25 install fee however this is free if you ordered Option 2.

If you already have an active line don't worry no ???130 charge is needed, the engineer will just need to make a change to the master socket to get the line ready for fibre.

If you would like I can double check the order for you? Just contact me via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Cheers

Craig
BTCare
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to