General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 08-Jan-12 13:50:09
Print Post

What to do before FTTC

[link to this post]

We are moving house soon and i need to get a Broadband connection
This is the info from BT Checker

Sky have LLU presense on the exchange ( Kendal )

What speeds will Sky LLU provide
i dont want to sign up long term for a provider then find a fibre service is available

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 8Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 15Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 8Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 5.5Mbps and 15Mbps.

Your cabinet is planned to have WBC FTTC by 31st December 2012. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 32.2Mbps and upstream line speed of 11.5Mbps.
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Jan-12 14:49:10
Print Post

Re: What to do before FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You could just join one of the smaller providers and that will save you a long contract and when your exchange (and then more importantly you cab) has been done, you can request a MAC and move to fibre.

You also have C&W and TT on your exchange and although TT direct would be no good (for loads of reasons) you could choose someone who buys tails from TT Business most of the providers (as we do) should be able to give you a monthly contract, but you will need to pay an activation fee.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 08-Jan-12 17:37:24
Print Post

Re: What to do before FTTC

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

As vivaciti says smile.

How much do you download, how many users/games consoles etc., and what's your maximum acceptable spend excluding line rental? Quality rarely comes cheap, though acceptable sometimes does.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to