General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Jan-12 14:58:43
Print Post

General uk/us wide speed issues

[link to this post]

Hi Everyone,

trying to get feelers here about a massive general problem with internet speeds / web browsing in general.

i have found ( after speaking with our customers ) there seems to a huge slowdown in traffic through the UK over to the US. this has been since before christmas as seems to be getting worse. seems to be common all over the U.K. but very sporadic and i can not pin point it to any one thing.

Has anyone else on here noticed this ?

Cheers,

Stuart Humphreys - MCPS
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jan-12 15:27:59
Print Post

Re: General uk/us wide speed issues

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

We have not seen any issues of this nature raised, are all the customers on the same network, or over different providers?

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Jan-12 15:34:44
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thanks for posting so quickly,

There over different providers, Virgin, BT ( including Leased lines ), Daisy, and a few others that i cannot remember the names off.

There all using the suppliers DNS servers, different communications equipment

It also seems to be fairly random when it occurs.

Like is said i cannot seem to pin it down.

Cheers,

Stuart Humphreys - MCPS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jan-12 15:40:02
Print Post

Some tracerts to the sites in question could help narrow things down, may just be an issue with a transit provider.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User bobble_bob
(experienced) Wed 18-Jan-12 16:11:44
Print Post

I use a usenet server that connects to a US server, same speeds for me on that as always. Unless you mean just HTTP traffic?

Cant say ive noticed anything
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 18-Jan-12 16:37:33
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

Hi guys,

When we have had problem at our site, tracert's have not shown any problems, also used a trace routing program, again nothing obvious. seems to be more related to HTTP traffic as suggested. other really noticable signs are poor VOIP conversations and streaming media. although most of the time the VOIP are o.k. first report today of the day i had noticed deteriation of VOIP but i have put that down to a local problem at there service provider as they had other problems too.

no problems or delays in DNS lookups, no noticable problems in Mail ( but dues to the nature of mail delivery i would not expect an end user to really notice this )

but then if no one else here has noticed any problems then i do not think there are any.. probably local problems or problems related to the time of day.

Thanks very much for your help people and the quick responses.

Stuart Humphreys - MCPS
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Jan-12 20:14:55
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

VM have been having massive issues since yesterday which has also been affecting leased line circuits

It's possible some Daisy circuits are provided via VM Business, but not certain about this

Be* Unlimited
  Print Thread

Jump to