General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevenfrenchy
(newbie) Sat 21-Jan-12 03:03:54
Print Post

migration canceled but have my internet diconnected!! help

[link to this post]

hi there

i wanted to move to orange from o2 as they were offering me a good deal so i called o2 to a get a MAC which i gave to orange to transfer my line on monday 16th january 2012, but a couple of days later o2 sales guy offered an even better deal which i accepted so he told i had to cancel the new order with orange before the line gets transfered ( tuesday 24th january) to be able to get that deal and stick to o2 ( which i am very happy with by the way),anyway,
i called Orange on thursday 19 th january to cancel the order ,they said ok it's canceled for you,i even got an email from orange,but yesterday friday 20 th january,o2 called me to see if i accepted the deal ,"i said ,yes of course i canceled the order with orange",the problem now according to the o2 provisional team ( from bt whole sale ) the line is still going over orange on tuesday 24th,so i straight away called orange to see what's going ? they said "no sir your order has been canceled" ,so called o2 back to let them know they said well we cannot see the cancellation from Orange,so basically i stacked in the middle of the 2 providers now,i even tried to call bt but they said the 2 providers needed to sort it out!
i don't want to have my line disconnected on tuesday 24th ;-(
i am bit annoyed why o2 hasn't offered the deal in the first place instead of this mess!!
what do i need to do now? help
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 21-Jan-12 05:12:12
Print Post

Re: migration canceled but have my internet diconnected!! h

[re: stevenfrenchy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stevenfrenchy:
hi there

i wanted to move to orange from o2 as they were offering me a good deal so i called o2 to a get a MAC which i gave to orange to transfer my line on monday 16th january 2012, but a couple of days later o2 sales guy offered an even better deal which i accepted so he told i had to cancel the new order with orange before the line gets transfered ( tuesday 24th january) to be able to get that deal and stick to o2 ( which i am very happy with by the way),anyway,
i called Orange on thursday 19 th january to cancel the order ,they said ok it's canceled for you,i even got an email from orange,but yesterday friday 20 th january,o2 called me to see if i accepted the deal ,"i said ,yes of course i canceled the order with orange",the problem now according to the o2 provisional team ( from bt whole sale ) the line is still going over orange on tuesday 24th,so i straight away called orange to see what's going ? they said "no sir your order has been canceled" ,so called o2 back to let them know they said well we cannot see the cancellation from Orange,so basically i stacked in the middle of the 2 providers now,i even tried to call bt but they said the 2 providers needed to sort it out!
i don't want to have my line disconnected on tuesday 24th ;-(
i am bit annoyed why o2 hasn't offered the deal in the first place instead of this mess!!
what do i need to do now? help
Err wait and see, where you on one of the now legacy (no longer offered )products by chance or on one of the newer ones that are capped & shaped ?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:36:56
Print Post

Do you have both your line and broadband with O2, or is the line with some other provider and just the broadband with O2? You imply that you asked Orange to take over both.

There will be two orders from Orange to Openreach, one for the line transfer and one for the broadband. Check with Orange that both have been cancelled, not just one of them.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 21-Jan-12 10:37:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:38:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes but if I get disconnected , I ll have to wait like 10 days or something frown
(newbie) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:39:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes the 2 of them have been cancelled phone and broadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:39:37
Print Post

Yes but if I get disconnected , I ll have to wait like 10 days or something frown
Yes but anyway, who's your phone rental with??

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:41:42
Print Post

Call O2 and tell them you're unhappy about moving to a capped deal from an unlimited one, tell them they mis-sold you the package, and demand to be put back on the old one.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
(newbie) Sat 21-Jan-12 10:44:27
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

O2 but were transferring to Orange two
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Jan-12 11:11:01
Print Post

That doesn't answer any of my questions so far as I can see? So I can't suggest the best thing to do or who to contact.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 21-Jan-12 11:12:43
Print Post

?
Do you mean both are with O2 at the moment?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to