thanks for your reply
unfortunately no one of the cases you have mentioned applies to me. plus no reason was given in their email, just 'unfortunately we are not able to supply a MAC key'.
They are just rubbish.
Hi, I reckon they did not believe you to be the customer. Have another go and follow the Plusnet procedures for obtaining a MAC key.
11. Why won't you give me a key?
We're sorry we can't give you a key straightaway. This might be because:
1. We don't know who you are/the person who's asking to move your service is
2. Your broadband service has already been cancelled
3. We've already given you a key, but it's not expired yet
4. We're already cancelling your broadband service
5. We can't get a key from our supplier. (This is rare, but if it does happen we'll do whatever we can to get one for you)
If we can't give you a key we'll let you know. We'll also tell you some other ways that you might be able to move to your new service provider.
20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
ADSL2+ wireless N 150 Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV
v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router