General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Ferret76
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-12 13:44:54
Print Post

FTTC and WBC dates.

[link to this post]

Our exchange (Driffield) has just been given rfs dates for the above two.
The WBC date is after the FTTC date, does this mean we can't have FTTC until the WBC date or are they totally independent?
Also does anyone know how to contact BT to ask about whether specific cabinets are due to be upgraded?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 23-Jan-12 13:56:23
Print Post

Re: FTTC and WBC dates.

[re: Ferret76] [link to this post]

Very hard to say. It's quite likely that the FTTC date is just a place-holder though, with no real significance other than it will be done sometime.

They can be independent however, as the fibre is sometimes fed from a different exchange, and the phone exchange then doesn't need WBC in order for its cabinets to be FTTC enabled. On balance, in this case, I would trust the WBC date and not the FTTC one.

If you PM your post code I can see (later) what the December cabinet info says, or if you just post it there may be someone with later data. It doesn't give dates, but does say which ones are expected to be done.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Ferret76
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-12 14:13:09
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

YO25 9HG
though looking at another thread that has the December data our exchange doesn't appear on the list as far as I can see.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 23-Jan-12 15:19:07
Print Post

Hmmm frown

The spreadsheet is in two halves, not surprisingly numbered 1 and 2. Maybe you were looking at the Part 2 one, as it is in the Part 1. You have to take the space out of the postcode if searching for it.

It's cabinet 11. For some reason only 50% of the lines on that postcode are getting it, and only a times 2.27 speed increase. Some other postcodes supplied by it are even lower percentages, others are 100% of lines.

It is perhaps very close to the exchange? The x 2.27 speed rise could be explained by that. Perhaps the other lines are on a direct feed from the exchange, so can't have FTTC, or maybe at a later date they are going to get FTTP. Just guessing though.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User Ferret76
(regular) Mon 23-Jan-12 18:11:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

We are about 3km from the exchange and can see the cabinet from our house (it's about 20 metres away). The cab has a number 24 on it so not sure if number 11 is correct, currently get about 5mb on ADSL2 via Sky LLU.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 23-Jan-12 23:25:40
Print Post

Ack! Sorry frown.

I was forgetting, the April one was in PostCode order within exchange. This one is in cabinet order within exchange.

And Yuk! Cabinet 24 does indeed serve the other 50% of that post code. No entries at all against it.
“Blanks” = Not part of a phase / untargeted cabinet

Print Thread

Jump to