General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Jan-12 12:14:58
Print Post

TT cooling off period

[link to this post]

A colleague mentioned you have time (he said it was either 14 or 30 days) after you're go live date to change your mind about taking a contract. However on TalkTalk's website it says you can only cancel without charge up to your go live date. Until your go live date you don't know the quality of service you will actually receive and whether you want to stick with the company however.

Is this correct? As soon as you're live with TT, do you have to buy yourself out the contract even if you were told something during the sale but it is different (i.e. no peak time slowdown and there is a peak time slowdown). Do all BB providers have the same terms?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jan-12 12:54:46
Print Post

Re: TT cooling off period

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentcitizensandrig...

legal minimum, some go beyond this.

Any claim of 'no peak time slow down' was just a lie, it may have some basis, but if that is the complete wording then its wrong.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 24-Jan-12 16:41:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It wasn't the exact wording, I mentioned my broadband slowed a bit in the evening and the guy said that wouldn't happen.

And I realise I forgot to sign my initial post so...

SB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 24-Jan-12 18:44:12
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In terms of contract and goods not fitting description, which can still apply to broadband services, but it is difficult to make them stick, since for example TalkTalk can only talk about speeds for services running on their network.

e.g. if downloads are slow over HTTP from a server in Japan there is nothing for them to answer for, if sites in the UK or on talktalk network are fast.

Also is the traffic P2P in its nature, as they no traffic shape that at peak times. They don't slow down other stuff, beyond the fact that it is a contended service, and if 2 million people are trying to watch Doctor Who on iPlayer at the same time, then things will slow down.

It is this contended slow down I believe you are referring to, whereas agent was probably talking about the management KPI pages.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to