General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 28-Jan-12 00:36:44
Print Post

Slow BT Infinity Option 2

[link to this post]

I have had lots of problems after upgrading to BT Infinity, slow speeds, i only get 1mbps download, but the results on here, say its 34mbps http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results/id/1...

I've had 4 BT engineers round to are house, 1 to fit the BT open reach modem, and the others 3 to try and find out whats making my speed so slow, they have replaced all the cables around the house and out side the house to the poll which holds the wires, they have even tried replacing the modem and BT home hub 3, to no luck, they told me to ring up BT because i could be being caped, BT told me they had reset everything there end, which taken 48 hours, still that did not fix it, im still downloading files at just 1mbps,

heres a video of me running tests http://youtu.be/yAtFwclDbC8

I've downloaded test files from here, but they read at downloading at only a 1mbps highest 2mbps

About a hour ago from now, i had no net for about 30mins, all the lights were on, on the fibre modem, but the home hub internet light was showing no net, orange, have not checked the Verison number yet, this is the 1st disconnection ive had for about 3 weeks with bt, there just seems to be more and more problems, been trying to help BT fix this problem for 4 weeks now, im going crazy
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Jan-12 00:48:20
Print Post

Re: Slow BT Infinity Option 2

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

You need to redo audio in youtube video as you are using the wrong units at one point.

If our speedtest is showing 34 Mbps i.e. the java and flash then confident that at least from our server that is what you are really getting.

Remember an ISP can only give decent bandwidth to servers on their own network, places on the internet at large go over peering links and these may or may not be congested.

To be perfectly honest, I did warn about these sort of issues when BT Infinity was the sold at the same price as its ADSL2+ products, i.e. that at peak times you may see bigger drops in speed, i.e. back to more like you got with older technologies

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User SignedAdam
(newbie) Sat 28-Jan-12 00:50:18
Print Post

Re: Slow BT Infinity Option 2

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4086443-slo...

This post has been moved, as I had the idea I was already a Member of the site, I would be of the forum, but little did i know you needed to sign up two times, laugh

A geek on his own

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to