General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 02:11:02
Print Post

Is your ISP Blocking "LittleGossip.com"

[link to this post]

As it's fairly obvious to me that my isp who is blocking/censoring a web site forum
LittleGossip.com, the one featured in last nights Panarama, But why block it? it does not contain CP , So this nanny state censoring BS has started has it
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 07-Feb-12 02:27:05
Print Post

Re: Is your ISP Blocking "LittleGossip.com"

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Why is it obvious it's your ISP? It might be the site owners blocking a block of IPs belonging to an ISP.

As an adult, I'm trying to think of a good reason for a site designed for posting nasty things about others. For over-18s too it seems. Strange way to spend the best years of one's life.

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2012

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Feb-12 02:30:45
Print Post

Maybe site has been taken down. I just get a blank page, site is up but no content.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 02:43:17
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Maybe site has been taken down. I just get a blank page, site is up but no content.
blank page here too, unless i use a proxy then the page loads, a tracert ends here 216.239.32.21 which belongs to Google, ???
Standard User Banger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Feb-12 02:47:24
Print Post

Site could be blocking UK addresses to avoid litigation - bit of a stretch I know - be interesting to see if others can get to it without using a proxy. Google is listing it as first entry.

Tim
www.vivaciti.net & freenetname
Billion 7800 on 24 Meg Variety LLU
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by Banger (Tue 07-Feb-12 02:48:49)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 03:00:53
Print Post

[re: Banger] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Banger:
Site could be blocking UK addresses to avoid litigation - bit of a stretch I know - be interesting to see if others can get to it without using a proxy. Google is listing it as first entry.
Maybe, censorship for bullying what next i ask,Bullying at school is part of growing up or was in my day, prepares most for the pressures in later life, not that i condone bullying but by blocking such sites all they do is increase awareness of this sites, i for one had never hear of it until i saw panorama, this country just gets worse,
Do they not remember the sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me rhyme
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Tue 07-Feb-12 03:05:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Maybe, censorship for bullying what next i ask,Bullying at school is part of growing up or was in my day, prepares most for the pressures in later life, not that i condone bullying but by blocking such sites all they do is increase awareness of this sites, i for one had never hear of it until i saw panorama, this country just gets worse,
Do they not remember the sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me rhyme

I thought it was an over 18s site?

~~~~~~~~~~

© Camieabz 2002-2012

All Connection Data ~ plusnet

Scottish Labour politician: “The SNP are on a very dangerous tack. What they are doing is trying to build up a situation in Scotland where the services are manifestly better than south of the border in a number of areas.”

Interviewer: ”Is that a bad thing?”

Scottish Labour politician: “No, but they are doing it deliberately.”

Edited by camieabz (Tue 07-Feb-12 03:06:10)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 07-Feb-12 03:11:03
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by camieabz:
In reply to a post by Anonymous:

I thought it was an over 18s site?
I don't know if it is or isnt, but mumsnet have a e petition running for it's closure,lol
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Tue 07-Feb-12 08:45:19
Print Post

According to this it's closed down.
"Little Gossip" a website used by school children to anonymously gossip about others has been closed down due to constant "malicious comments". The site was criticised by an anti-bullying charity last February for having schools on its list of places people are able to gossip about.

The owners of the site released a statement about the closure explaing their decission was due to the abusive posts which they claim is "something that we can not support".
Also reported here.

Edit: Apologies. That last link, to the BBC, was dated February 2011; the first link is current though.

Tony

Edited by cheshire_man (Tue 07-Feb-12 09:15:46)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Feb-12 09:06:33
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

It is still working here..

Matt

-
uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread