General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User facet
(newbie) Tue 07-Feb-12 17:29:43
Print Post

What company can charge me during moving home period

[link to this post]

After moving home today is first day I did manage to look at my e-bills.

I did notice I was charged for 7 weeks of not using telephone and broadband, which is period between when I've requested line deactivation and line activation in new property confirmed in a message on my mobile.

What are your experience on this please. Soon I'm going to call for a refund but will be glad to hear from you.

PS. When new billing period starts? From official message with activation date in a message to my mobile or less official day when I can actually notice that broadband is ON and I can start to use it?

Thanks

Courtesy of Orange Broadband and Phone

Edited by facet (Tue 07-Feb-12 17:44:33)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Feb-12 18:43:18
Print Post

Re: What company can charge me during moving home period

[re: facet] [link to this post]

Most! You are in a contract.

Why did it take 7 weeks between stopping at old place and starting at new? Was that how long Orange took to connect new home?

Billing period probably unchanged; linked to your contract.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User facet
(newbie) Tue 07-Feb-12 20:05:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

hi thanks for the response

sorry for not being specific

Orange have stopped service on a requested day [confirmed by email] and started to work on connecting new place, it took them 7 weeks to get it done including not informing me about cancelled engineer visit.

they still kept charging me for this period though

Edited by facet (Tue 07-Feb-12 20:06:12)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Feb-12 21:29:16
Print Post

[re: facet] [link to this post]

Sounds like you have a case for compensation if it took that long. Get onto the right dept. at Orange at they should be able to offer you 3 months free at least. Best to write them.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to