General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 25-Feb-12 23:50:38
Print Post

Calm down, Adrian

[link to this post]

RevK's blog entries about ADR

We as end-users don't have any power over the contracts we're required to accept to receive broadband service. And the ISPs certainly won't accept any contract terms that we might propose.

ADR exists precisely to protect us in light of these facts. We need broadband service; the ISPs want our money but require us to accept contracts that protect them even if no service, or a very poor service, is provided.

Business-to-retail customer contracts are in general unbalanced and unfair. That's what ADR tries to address. On occasion someone will suffer a bloodied nose for the cause, perhaps unjustly. That's a pity, but for us end-users it's worth it.

++ Former AAISP Customer, who moved his lines instead of going through ADR ++
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sun 26-Feb-12 12:07:39
Print Post

Re: Calm down, Adrian

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Did you actually read the first post on the blog regarding ADR? And how this all started? If not, I suggest you do so:

http://revk.www.me.uk/2012/02/adr.html

Upon reading this, I have total disgust at the company AAISP were providing service to. Said company did not leave themselves enough time to implement and deliver their solution, in order to demo infront of clients, to then secure contracts, to then make money. As usual, and I've seen it many times in business, they decided to leave things till the last minute, expecting everything to be setup in drop of a hat, leaving AAISP to bend over backwards to get things done (which they actually managed!).

Still, said company then has the audacity to turn around to AAISP and basically say "you didn't do this fast enough, and as a result, we lost money. So we're going to start ADR proceedings against you". This is after a good will gesture from AA as well. BS at its very best.

I hope AA win. Said company is a complete chancer.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?

Edited by mixt (Sun 26-Feb-12 12:08:02)

Standard User warweezil
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Feb-12 12:40:47
Print Post

Re: Calm down, Adrian *DELETED*

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Post deleted by warweezil

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to