General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 27-Feb-12 11:59:48
Print Post

How do ISP price rises effect the T&C of contract?

[link to this post]

Hi, I'm 12 months in to an 18 month contract with Virgin cable BB. I would love to get out of the contact early as I'm fed up with them. Recently they emailed me to tell me that they are increasing the price of my service. Would this somehow allow me to leave early, as this could be viewed as a change of contract conditions? I'm asking here as I can't make sense of the T&Cs.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Mon 27-Feb-12 12:44:17
Print Post

Re: How do ISP price rises effect the T&C of contract?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Hi, I'm 12 months in to an 18 month contract with Virgin cable BB. I would love to get out of the contact early as I'm fed up with them. Recently they emailed me to tell me that they are increasing the price of my service. Would this somehow allow me to leave early, as this could be viewed as a change of contract conditions? I'm asking here as I can't make sense of the T&Cs.

I doubt it they took 140 quid out of my bank 2 times in a roe instead of 48 and then made me out to be a lier,
I was supposed to have a 6 month discount when i signed up that was never applied i kept getting oh sorry about that well apply it to your next bill, I was like and what are you going to do about this 190 quid extra you've took over 2 month, All i got was well seen as the discount was not applied there's nothing we can do about it thats the full price of your bill, So i told them to get lost and canceled seen as they clearly broke the terms i signed up on (the basis of the 6 months discount) a few week later i got a 180 early termination fee, So i rung up asked why they said seen as we did eventually apply the discount (after id told them to stick it) you broke the contract not us.

Moral of the story VM will do anything and lie threw there teeth to not allow you to leave without paying them a termination fee even when there in the wrong theyll turn it round on you. Shame too ive recommended cable for 16 year (thats how long wed been with them in the past exept for a 6 momth brake then signed back up and had all this bother) but never again since VM took over NTL:telewest the service as gone to pot.

Ash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky 9732kbps/ 796kbps + TalkTalk 11105kbps/1020kbps + 3UK MBB Via Samsung GS2 4157Kbps/1536Kbps
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 27-Feb-12 13:24:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
If a supplier does anything that puts customers at a disadvantage financially, they have to given notice of this, and yes you should be able to leave penalty free, this will be because the original deal has changed and is not to you advantage
, but i want to leave them you must given them notice that you do not wish to continue service, before the actual increase start date, if you don't do this that will be deemed as you accepted the change in price

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 27-Feb-12 13:51:18
Print Post

Usually is something like a 14 day period from notification of change to spot it, and then voice your concern.

Of course the ISP might waive the increase, as in a retention deal for some people.

The price changes are pretty much the standard Virgin around a £1 that happen each year.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 27-Feb-12 14:50:20
Print Post

I left Virgin Cable TV early precisely because of a price rise. Do the Ts&Cs you "signed" say they can vary the price?
  Print Thread

Jump to