General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jdowning640
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-12 17:54:14
Print Post

Seen van at exchange?

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Recently my exchange was updated on SamKnows and said that TalkTalk LLU was coming by the end of March, however - that date has disappeared since.

Today I was driving past my exchange and I noticed that a van was in it. I got the name of it but now I've completely forgot it, I think it may have began with 'tel' but I'm not too sure.

Could this be TalkTalk getting sorted for LLU? It definitely wasn't a BT Openreach van and it definitely had markings of a company unrelated to BT.

Thanks a lot

Jack
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:13:15
Print Post

Re: Seen van at exchange?

[re: jdowning640] [link to this post]

Not a lot to go on there! wink

BT Openreach do sub contract work so it may not be TT.

Or it might just be a local plumber parking there while he bought some milk from next door tongue

(committed) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:16:54
Print Post

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

I know - my apologies.

Definitely not a plumber I think - my exchange is surrounded by fences with a padlock to get anywhere near the building so they would have had to have opened it.

And I'm not looking to choose TalkTalk, but I'd like to use their LLU service through a reseller but I went onto the TalkTalk website and it said that I couldn't get 'TalkTalk Plus':

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with TalkTalk Plus. We are still able to provide you with great value TalkTalk Essentials, and we have added anytime calls and 80GB download Boosts to your Essentials plans to give you the best bits of TalkTalk Plus. Your alternative package is below. You may want to add other Boosts to make the package even more like TalkTalk Plus.

but it did quote a cost of £3.25 for 'TalkTalk Essentials'. Surely the exchange needs to be LLU'd by them to offer it at that price?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(member) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:21:34
Print Post

probably Telent, Openreach main civils contractor
(committed) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:22:20
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

That was the one... my bad - so they do work for Openreach and Openreach only?
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:44:04
Print Post

I would be careful, I'm sure there was a thread not so long ago that it appears TT are not making it as clear with regards to what product you go on, just had quick look, on a property what would be considered final 1%, certainly not profitable to be entertained for LLU, however they are happy to quote essentials package, likely in the small print somewhere, they are going fill the answer phone up with dropped calls. Perhaps the van was outsourced recon mission by openreach wondering what the strange building coming up on their costing audit!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:47:25
Print Post

Telent are most often employed to do exchange installation work, installing LLU comms equipment.

So maybe ...........

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 28-Feb-12 18:54:56
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

..... likely in the small print somewhere .....

It sure is have a look at bottom left of this page where it states:-
(edit ... you'll need to open the TalkTalk Broadband & Phone tab in the small print section)
Our broadband packages are subject to availability in your area and this covers 85% of UK households. If your home cannot be connected to the broadband service supplied with this package, you may still be able to get an alternative broadband service from TalkTalk at £15.32 extra per month.

Alastair

omadasafisho

Edited by Apprentice (Tue 28-Feb-12 18:59:58)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Tue 28-Feb-12 19:12:53
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

I find that a bit sneaky, but thatís my utopia reaching out!

If itís any consolation OP, not only are TT pulling dates in my area, Bt also with 21cn, after much press release in Cymru " Thousands more to get superfast broadband by spring 2012, now January 2013......

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 28-Feb-12 21:47:19
Print Post

TT dates can never really be trusted, my area had quire a few TT dates a few years back but nothing ever happened. Recently more dates appeared and the first exchange went live, the following exchanges all had their dates pulled and nothing more has been seen.

My Broadband Speed Test
  Print Thread

Jump to