General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 29-Feb-12 03:00:11
Print Post

Explain to me 21cn profiling problem please : )

[link to this post]

can some knowledgeable person explain how profiling works to help me understand the following please recently gor changed over to 21cn from a very very good nearly maximum 8 meg connection (over 7meg profile)

I was having disconnections during the 10 day training adsl2 period and that may have been due to a duff router problem but during training period I got above a 12 profile for a few days then had some resyncs whilst I was away from home last 3 days of training period it seems wish Id used the better router but too late now

Training period ended 3 days ago but I was left with a low profile maybe due to the resyncs at the end of 4 meg : (

Will this rise now that training has ended if my more reliable router stays connected reliable I wish Id connected it during the 1o day period but as other was fine with 8meg despite some reviews I didnt want to mess as it had been syncing at 15 meg sometimes .

So if training period had problems does that mean that now Im lumped with a poor profile or will it increase if I saty connected for a while (someone suggested its 72hours unlike the bras system it come a bit of a shock this big drop and support isnt forthcoming from ISP at the moment they seem to be a bit snowed under ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Feb-12 08:46:52
Print Post

Re: Explain to me 21cn profiling problem please : )

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Forget the training period, the line will train for as long as you have it. The first ten days just records performance as one single figure to help evaluate faults at a later date

What we need to figure out is what you mean by Profile. As there is a real figure called the IP Profile, but I think you may be refering to your actual connection speeds.

Can you get the connection speed, attenuation and noise margins from your router, and run www.speedtester.bt.com and copy/paste the results.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 29-Feb-12 19:42:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks saffron my figures will be well down at the moment due to many disconnections ISP seem to think it needs an engineer iut despite me having had a near perfect 8meg adsl connection previous to switchover and I have no extensions here etc direct into test socket but for some reason it stuck on 3meg for several days during training then jumpend to over 12meg bt profile , 15 meg sync for 2 days.

then after 10th day dropped down to 7.6 , and from thereon has been falling ever since roiuter Im usinmg now has been disconnecting maybe once a day not sure if fault but much much less than previous but profile at moment is around 2 meg from bt test .

seems all over tge place but bt insisting on me being in when they call if they are asked to call in case they need to ewnter property isnt posible so just wondering abiout how it all works or if Im stuffed without engineer calling Im certain its nothing here and as said was fine with adsl and even got a tested adsl2 relkiable in now ,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 29-Feb-12 19:46:15
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Excuse my spelling and just seen details about putting name at end of post to save confusion : ) just wondering if its best to leave connected or reboot once in a while now to try and get it back up in a hope it may fix it somehow beforte I can sort out if engineer needs to call

JohnB
  Print Thread

Jump to