General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 15-Mar-12 17:12:27
Print Post

Do these stats suggest a line fualt ?

[link to this post]

adslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Channel: FAST, Upstream rate = 1360 Kbps, Downstream rate = 17255 Kbps
Link Power State: L0
Mode: ADSL2+
Channel: Fast
Trellis: U:ON /D:ON
Line Status: No Defect
Training Status: Showtime
Down Up
SNR (dB): 3.3 4.4
Attn(dB): 32.5 17.3
Pwr(dBm): 18.4 10.3
Max(Kbps): 20468 1421
Rate (Kbps): 17255 1360
G.dmt framing
K: 255(0) 39
R: 0 0
S: 1 1
D: 1 1
ADSL2 framing
MSGc: 57 16
B: 254 38
M: 1 1
T: 2 3
R: 0 0
S: 0.5105 0.9842
L: 3996 317
D: 1 1
Counters
SF: 31435 31566
SFErr(CRCErr): 3079 312974
RS: 0 0
RSCorr: 0 0
RSUnCorr: 0 0

HEC: 302 88489
OCD: 0 0
LCD: 0 0
Total Cells: 20573407 411871482
Data Cells: 13072075 424252243
Drop Cells: 0
Bit Errors: 0 9083624

ES: 380 8452
SES: 50 0
UAS: 38 0
AS(Uptime): 506

INP: 0.00 0.00
PER: 16.08 16.23
delay: 0.12 0.24
OR: 31.34 10.83

Bitswap: 107 114
Total uptime: 506

Total time = 9 min 23 sec
SF = 31435
CRC = 3079
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 380
Latest 1 day time = 9 min 23 sec
SF = 31435
CRC = 3079
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 380
Latest 15 minutes time = 9 min 23 sec
SF = 31435
CRC = 3079
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 380
Previous 15 minutes time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Previous 1 day time = 0 sec
SF = 0
CRC = 0
LOS = 0
LOF = 0
ES = 0
Showtime Drop Reason: 8000
Last Retrain Reason: 8000

DMT

Evidence of a line fault ? the line also has been suffering from some disconnects, which is unusual for this line, disconnects are sometimes in rapid succession of 5 upwards, this has only been happening for the past 3weeks,

The DMT shows a problem could be REIN that is having an impact on some of the tones as normally the DMT graph is more smoother none of the broken bits

To me the Upstream attenuation is out by a couple of DBs has been since they (openreach ) did some maintenance to the isp's kit , it also will not longer sync at the full rate it used to do , on llu no dlm ect ideas?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 17:25:05
Print Post

Re: Do these stats suggest a line fualt ?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

380 error seconds in 563? Ouch!

What are they like untweaked?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User huwwatkins
(member) Thu 15-Mar-12 17:38:04
Print Post

Have you manually adjust your SNR? Thats a good sync for the attenuation but your SNR is low - possibly why your getting disconnects.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 15-Mar-12 17:52:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
380 error seconds in 563? Ouch!

What are they like untweaked?
Serious errors and errors are in abundance at 6db too, as are corrected errors with interleave on and other methods used by isp's to mask the underlying problems of lines, unfortunately this seems to be on the increase in the current climate, normally the line will generate some hec and error seconds on both ds &us but normally only 5-6 serious errors in any 24hrs hour period, so after say 30 days continuous uptime i would only have a few hundred serious errors , the errors that are shown in the stats are more common place on this line, but not as frequent as they are currently, and have until the past few weeks not had any noticeable adverse effects,

IMO if there are a lot of disconnects there has to be a reason for them, a line doesn't suddenly go bad and then almost repair it's self before repeating what it did , in other words lots of disconnects,lower than normal SNR= lower sync, then gradually over a week recover with and disconnects not as frequent, then just as it appeared to be stable
Then once again it goes back to frequent disconnects lower than normal sync speeds both us & ds

I have no internal extensions, no noise on the voice side, all troubleshooting has been done replaced router adsl cable filters (x4) in test socket not that that makes any difference at all, isp won't send a sfi engineer unless i agree to pay unfortunately from an openreach document CIDT Exchange List 8th November 2011. it would appear that this test is still not available
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 15-Mar-12 18:01:35
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by huwwatkins:
Have you manually adjust your SNR? Thats a good sync for the attenuation but your SNR is low - possibly why your getting disconnects.
No SNR is set at isp Dslam Both us/ds should be symmetrical and always where /have been for over past 12mths ,without frequent disconnects, something is a miss with the reported stats in particular the upstream as the attenuation increase isn't normal, should be 15.5 db no more , my attenuation at the DSLAM is lower still , hence the y sync that i get , my upstream should be higher at least 1420kbps it used to always be, and my ds was higher too, whatever has happened is acting like a rate cap
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Mar-12 20:46:55
Print Post

Should is over used, have you considered the effects of increasing cross talk as more people connect to ADSL2+ in your area?

A couple of disconnects a day is a long way from an error. ADSL is never sold as a permanent connection, the technology will suffer RF interference, which can be well outside the teleco's control

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:44:28
Print Post

Tommy45?

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 15-Mar-12 23:45:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
No SNR is set at isp Dslam
Wrong.

That's assuming you mean SNRM of course. No doubt you know the difference.

(Edit, I just realised you probably meant "No, the SNR is set at the DSLAM". Punctuation and definite articles do have a relevance to meaning. Even so, a non-standard, lower, margin setting there is still tweaking).

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 16-Mar-12 11:16:52)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 16-Mar-12 01:29:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Should is over used, have you considered the effects of increasing cross talk as more people connect to ADSL2+ in your area?

A couple of disconnects a day is a long way from an error. ADSL is never sold as a permanent connection, the technology will suffer RF interference, which can be well outside the teleco's control
Whilst anything is possible, due to the fact that after several router restarts the sync & attenuation and tones on the dmt returned to normal, with only a few errors,
But that was short lived,(10mins) as the router lost sync, and returned to just below the sync in the stats, Which further suggests that this is an exchange related issue,
Standard User ukhardy07
(committed) Fri 16-Mar-12 03:59:42
Print Post

No SNR is set at isp Dslam Both us/ds should be symmetrical and always where /have been for over past 12mths ,without frequent disconnects, something is a miss with the reported stats in particular the upstream as the attenuation increase isn't normal, should be 15.5 db no more , my attenuation at the DSLAM is lower still , hence the y sync that i get , my upstream should be higher at least 1420kbps it used to always be, and my ds was higher too, whatever has happened is acting like a rate cap

SNR does not have to be symmetrical on up / down. Totally untrue

The attenuation looks fine here. What makes you think it SHOULD be 15.5 and no more?

Upstream is unlikely to be 1420 kbps.

& a rate cap could be argued if the SNR had been increased too. However if anything the SNR is too low.

All in all stop making assumptions. Good luck with things though.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to