General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 15-Mar-12 18:44:54
Print Post

BB ADSL link for work

[link to this post]

I know businesses use leased lines to connect their sites into the company network.. If you use ADSL line services to connect sites to the company network, what cost do you pay to install and then the monthly costs. Just trying to get a feel for the costs we have.

IanD
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 15-Mar-12 20:42:51
Print Post

Re: BB ADSL link for work

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Prices of business ADSL services are readily available, so presume you are talking about a larger company, buying ADSL and then linking privately onto their own network.

BT Wholesale pricing is publically available, basically the company ends up acting like a small ISP.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User iand
(experienced) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:08:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, exactly... The problem I have is the compay is quoting around £3.5K-£5K for this service where the speed is one of 512K 1M to 2M.. Looks like a model from 5 years ago and not from 2012..

I was wondering what 'other' companies paid for this type of service

IanD

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Mar-12 19:15:45
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

Without knowing the exact product hard to comment more, since a 2 Meg totally uncontended service will cost more, in the £100 a month mark.

Also delivery method is another issue.

The cheaper way to link sites, is to use a commercial broadband provider, and then run a VPN link across the connection so that company data remains private.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User vit0
(regular) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:23:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I may be missing the point here but couldn't you just get two decent ADSL connections and use VPN or a Point to Point protocol like PPTP

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Mar-12 20:31:21
Print Post

[re: vit0] [link to this post]

You could depends on how important up time, fault resolution and speed of connection is

Print Thread

Jump to