General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 19-Mar-12 18:01:32
Print Post

Talk Talk LLU - will it effect non LLU line?

[link to this post]

I've been foolish enough to place an order with Talk Talk on what should be their LLU service, they are the only ones in my exchange to offer LLU service. I wish to cancel my order but aren't confident they will cancel it correctly.

As the order was placed under the presumption that it would be their LLU equipment providing the service would it have any effect on whether I could place a non LLU via another provider or do I need to wait until Talk Talk release any hold they would have over the address?

The house is currently occupied by a BT customer, My Talk Talk order is scheduled for 5th Apr, is there anything stopping me from placing a new order elsewhere or do I need to wait for confimation of my Talk Talk order being cancelled?

thanks for any help

Brian
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Mar-12 19:22:42
Print Post

Re: Talk Talk LLU - will it effect non LLU line?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

If TalkTalk has placed the order with Openreach, then you HAVE to wait for that order to be withdrawn from the system before any other provider can place the order.

Ordering broadband is not like picking ketchup at the supermarket when you can change your mind all the time.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Mar-12 22:33:15
Print Post

Was it a "new" order, or a house move from your existing TT service?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Mar-12 22:37:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Ordering broadband is not like picking ketchup at the supermarket when you can change your mind all the time.
Surely you don't mix saffron and ketchup? Yuk!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Sylcol
(member) Tue 20-Mar-12 16:44:02
Print Post

Care to explain the" foolish" comment. I am on TT LLU and don't have any problems with it.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Wed 21-Mar-12 07:46:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I've been foolish enough to place an order with Talk Talk on what should be their LLU service, they are the only ones in my exchange to offer LLU service. I wish to cancel my order but aren't confident they will cancel it correctly.

Back in Sept 2010, i also thought i was "foolish" to sign up with TalkTalk LLU and was 99% sure i would bitterly end up regretting joining them...i didn't join them cos they were dirt cheap, simply because they were the the only LLU supplier at my exchange at the time. Nevertheless the fact that they offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee made me go ahead. Well 18+ months later, i'm happy to say that i haven't regretted my decision a bit! I get line speeds 24/7, pings of less than 25ms (fastpath) and above all, any issues have been satisfactorily dealt with by their forum support team (all UK based). If you expect AAISP-esque phone support them i'm afraid no isp on planet earth is going to give you that level of support for 3.49pm broadband.

I suggest you go ahead with your signup and once you go live, signup to their forum support. If you are not happy with the service and their forum support staff aren't able to help further, then you can leave them anytime within the first 30 days without any penalties. If in the unlikely event you choose to leave them in the first month, then get your request confirmed by the OCE's...TalkTalk record all telephone calls so once you call them and tell them you wish to leave, that's it they've got a record of your request. But i'm pretty sure you will won't be leaving them within the first 30 days smile

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Mar-12 14:40:46
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
you can leave them anytime within the first 30 days without any penalties.
How easy is it to leave in the 1st month considering you will be reverting from Full LLU to Partial LLU or BTw?
  • How much delay is there getting a BTw line?
  • Any risk of losing your phone #?
  • How much delay is there getting your new BB activated?
  • Will you have to pay an activation fee for new BB, since MAC process not applicable?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Thu 22-Mar-12 06:57:11
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
How much delay is there getting a BTw line?
Any risk of losing your phone #?
How much delay is there getting your new BB activated?
Will you have to pay an activation fee for new BB, since MAC process not applicable?

Well contrary to popular opinion you don't have to go back to BTw... I know that Tesco broadband (based on C&W full LLU) allow you to transfer from full LLU to their full LLU service, so none of the above would apply. And from what i know so far, Tesco broadband is rated highly. I think its only a matter of time when other full LLU operators follow suit. Come to think of it, i've read a few cases on here where people have moved from TalkTalk>Sky (full LLU>full LLU) however officially Tesco are the only ones who support such migrations for the time being.

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220

Edited by baby_frogmella (Thu 22-Mar-12 07:01:03)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 22-Mar-12 09:44:20
Print Post

Correct full LLU to full LLU is supported and has been for years.
Usually get stiffed for a setup fee though.

Sky do officially support it, their system works it all out.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 22-Mar-12 13:37:11
Print Post

I know but "considering you will be reverting from Full LLU to Partial LLU or BTw?" There was no point in considering the scenario that you considered as it is as you say.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to