General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 14-Apr-12 19:00:31
Print Post

Issue with Talk Talk

[link to this post]

Hi, Im having a few issues with a talk talk connection i think and could do with some help.
I have had a BT line for about 2 years now with Talk Talk business broadband installed on it, everything has been fine and worked good till now, I have just moved the phone line over to talk talk so now i have both on the same line. Since doing this talk talk supplied me with a new username and password.
The other morning when i came down the internet was off as this was our changeover day so i entered my new username and password and it came back on but since this on our 2 iphones when connected on wireless the connection seems unstable as when streaming it broadcasts for 2 seconds and then stops.
I have a Cisco 1700 router with a Cisco Aironet 1200 access point. As stated above all was fine till the changeover.
I know one thing that has changed is i was on ADSL before and im now on ADSL2 but i still only get 3.5meg here so the router is OK to deal with this speed.
Im lost as to what to do. I have tried everything with the Iphone but nothing.

Can you help

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Apr-12 19:12:20
Print Post

Re: Issue with Talk Talk

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Have you connected a computer using Ethernet (a cable) to check the problem is not with the wireless side?

Also does the 1700 give you access to the attenuation, connection speed and noise margin data?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 14-Apr-12 23:06:15
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I have 5 computers connected through ethernet and they are all fine. I have also 3 laptops connected on the same wifi and they seems fine as well. They can stream with no problems. It only seems to be iPhones that are affected. I just cant seem to come up with any ideas as to what could have caused it by only changing a username and password to login to the broadband.
As for the router im not 100% sure but its something i can check in to.

Regards,
Paul
paul@eclipse2000.co.uk

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 14-Apr-12 23:12:00
Print Post

If the ones on the ethernet are OK, then its something odd with the wireless. Perhaps a neighbours network is clashing with yours now

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 15-Apr-12 00:52:50
Print Post

InSSIDer is brillant for seeing what wireless channels are in use around you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User HTTP404
(newbie) Sun 15-Apr-12 08:42:24
Print Post

Have you tried going onto the TalkTalk member's Forums ?

www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

If there are issues with iPhone and TalkTalk there's a good chance someone will have reported it before now.

p.s. Don't phone TalkTalk Customer Services - waste of time. Register and use the member's forums.

Edited by HTTP404 (Sun 15-Apr-12 09:04:22)

Print Thread

Jump to