General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DonalTrainor82
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 13:13:31
Print Post

Moving house

[link to this post]

Hey guys, new user here. My names Donal. Currently living in Downpatrick County Down. I've been reading these forums for a while but only got round to registering 5 minutes ago, finding them very informative and helpfulsmile
So as the subject says, we are moving house within the next month, currently with o2 llu with their homephone as well, which to be quite honest is terrible for the price you pay. I'm looking to change providers and hopefully get fibre in and I'm thinking Sky, theres a few others but as we have Sky tv we would probably be better sticking with the one bill. The only drawback to this moving malarky is at my current address I can get 28.9mbps or something and at the new address can only get 18mbps so is the move to fibre worth the 20 quid you pay to sky not including line rental ofcourse or would I be better sticking with llu based services until a better speed is available? Another question is do I need a mac code for moving and canceling with o2? Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 23-Apr-12 17:37:38
Print Post

Re: Moving house

[re: DonalTrainor82] [link to this post]

If changing address then the MAC is useless.

What speed estimate do you get for fibre at the new address? 18 Meg is still well above average of course assuming that is the ADSL2+ and not fibre estimate

Sky ADSL2+ is £7.50
Sky Fibre is £20, and might be double the speed if the estimate is right.

£12.50 I'd not bother personally if already getting 18 Meg

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to