General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rolee5
(newbie) Sun 29-Apr-12 20:08:30
Print Post

NTE5 help!

[link to this post]

I wonder if anyone is able to help me with a NTE5 / broadband problem? My broadband works when plugged into the test socket. However, as soon as I plug into the faceplate, broadband doesn't work, but all other telephone sockets are ok. I've had an electrician to look at it, but he didnt have particular expertise in this field. He simply suggested a full rewriting of the system! Any thoughts welcome.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 29-Apr-12 20:11:13
Print Post

Re: NTE5 help!

[re: Rolee5] [link to this post]

Pictures of what wires are connected to the faceplate will help people advise on what to do

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User balami
(committed) Sun 29-Apr-12 21:41:20
Print Post

Re: NTE5 help!

[re: Rolee5] [link to this post]

Does your faceplate contain a built in micro filter, (it will have 2 holes, one for phone the other for ADSL) if not and you are plugging a filter into the faceplate then you may find the extensions are acting as aerials and reducing the signal to such an extent that the modem wont sync.

We find that on short lines bad wiring reduces speed, on longer lines it just fails work.

How long is your line, how far are you from the exchange?

Mark.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to