General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 01-May-12 13:38:30
Print Post

Meant to be getting phone install today, no word from engine

[link to this post]

Is this normal? With TalkTalk, got router today and meant to have an appointment between 1 and 3 but no phone call on mobile from engineer.

I want to leave the house to go to shop but dont want to miss engineer, and a friend wants to come.

Are you supposed to get a call the day/night before? Just worried.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 01-May-12 14:04:34
Print Post

Re: Meant to be getting phone install today, no word from en

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I did when having someone come as on FTTC service so they need to come into the house. started with a phone call on his mobile when out around the corner at the streetcabnet.
Was telling me starting work now so phone line will go off or the broadband I was getting rid off.

Guessing an appointment means you are getting the upto 40 or 80 meg FTTC so guess you will get a call but to be safe best not to go out. Not past the time yet and it might get behind. Bit of a pain but only done once ( if all goes well)!.

I did get a call but who knows.
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Tue 01-May-12 18:28:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Is this normal? With TalkTalk, got router today and meant to have an appointment between 1 and 3 but no phone call on mobile from engineer.

I want to leave the house to go to shop but dont want to miss engineer, and a friend wants to come.

Are you supposed to get a call the day/night before? Just worried.

Afternoon appointments are 13:00-17:00pm. You should get a call in advance barring any network issues with the mobiles.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ajs1984
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 18:54:21
Print Post

For what it's worth, I got a new line installed recently myself for FTTC and they failed to text me before the appointment or give me a reminder call. But the engineer turned up as promised anyway. Took him about 30 minutes to install the line, 10 minutes cab work.

As others have suggested I would recommend staying in for the time advised; but if they don't show up, don't wait in after the appointment time, as the engineers all seem to be very busy and I'm sure all their slots are taken.

When my FTTC service was installed (10 days or so after the phone line) it was a different situation; I did get a call and a text, and once again they arrived on time. In my case the FTTC install only took 10 minutes because he did the cab work before calling me.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 01-May-12 19:30:44
Print Post

[re: ajs1984] [link to this post]

It isnt fttc its just a basic 2nd line.

Anyway left the house at 5.55pm and got a phone call at 6.03pm stating they were outside!!!!

I dont mind rearranging just I assume its going to be a few weeks which annoys me.

Anyone know a high up complaints email?
Standard User FRS_Plunderer
(experienced) Tue 01-May-12 20:56:30
Print Post

Oops, sounds like they had a resourcing problem.

My Broadband Speed Test
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 01-May-12 21:07:46
Print Post

[re: FRS_Plunderer] [link to this post]

The funny thing is I live around the corner from the main exchange in area, also noticed when I got back at 7.20 that an Openreach van was outside.

Here's hoping I get things sorted as don't want to wait 2 weeks for another appointmenta s without phone line at minute.(my main line is broadband only)
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-May-12 22:01:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
... my main line is broadband only
??????
How? Why?

You must be paying line rental for the existing one, so I would be almost certain it has a phone service on it already! Have you tried it?

Is the TT broadband a second broadband as well then, and you already have some other supplier on the main line?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 01-May-12 22:03:44)

Print Thread

Jump to