General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-May-12 16:45:14
Print Post

tesco broadband only product any good??

[link to this post]

hi there i am thinking of moving to tesco broadband only product at £ 18 a month, £ 14 after discount. i am in a market 1 area so no one cheaper for my usage

http://www.tescobroadband.com/tesco-broadband/broadb...

m i right in thinking its a bt wholesale or bt white label product?

does any one have any experience of this service with them ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-12 17:09:23
Print Post

Re: tesco broadband only product any good??

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

As you are in a non C&W LLU area, then it will be a BT Wholesale product bought by C&W and then sold via Tesco most likely.

Rather than the a full white label operation like Post Office.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-May-12 17:13:17
Print Post

Dunno if it's any good, but i think they resell C & W LLU So could be SMPF LLU As unlimited data using white label BTW for that price would be unlikely, But if as said their LLU is not at your exchange then it will be BTW resold , so throttled ect,
Which i would want to pay the least amount of money for, see if you can get it for less than £12 a month

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 09-May-12 17:19:01)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-May-12 17:16:33
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

many thanks

i see on there unlimited as an fup of 100gb and if you go over they can suspend your service , i did not think they can do that any more when selling a product as unlimited, would be most helpful if some one can clarify this ???
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-May-12 17:24:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
many thanks

i see on there unlimited as an fup of 100gb and if you go over they can suspend your service , i did not think they can do that any more when selling a product as unlimited, would be most helpful if some one can clarify this ???
Could be that they conveniently forgot to update their T &C's if that is the case , I'm not too sure on what the ruling is on this, I would say that all BTW resold and retail will have a FUP /data limit , unless you are willing to pay £50 or more per month

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-12 17:32:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

The £14 price is the out of C&W network area price I believe, i.e. £18 with a £4 off promotion.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-12 17:34:28
Print Post

The changes have been to the advertising/product page rules and whether they really mean you cannot be ejected from the service has yet to be actually tested as far as I am aware.

Post Offfice rewrote its FUP to stop people being removed, so maybe Tesco is just slow, or they intend to stay as they are.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-May-12 17:43:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
As you are in a non C&W LLU area, then it will be a BT Wholesale product bought by C&W and then sold via Tesco most likely.

[/quote

so depending on how much bandwidth they have bought, and how many customers they have on this product will determine how good the speeds are, and if there is any peak time congestion.

i have been told to keep away from a few that offer bt wholesale , like sky connect and o2 equivalent ( market 1 area) i assume down to , to many customers and not enough purchased bandwidth of BTW ?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 09-May-12 17:45:09
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:

oops got the above posts quotes wrong

so depending on how much bandwidth they have bought, and how many customers they have on this product will determine how good the speeds are, and if there is any peak time congestion.

i have been told to keep away from a few that offer bt wholesale , like sky connect and o2 equivalent ( market 1 area) i assume down to , to many customers and not enough purchased bandwidth of BTW ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-May-12 17:49:47
Print Post

Certainly Talktalk, o2 and Sky offnet services have a bad reputation.

The Tesco one I am less sure about, due to low visibility of any actual users.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to