General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User akwilliams
(newbie) Fri 01-Jun-12 10:43:04
Print Post

DSL Checker Updates

[link to this post]

Hey all,

I have just moved house and had the existing line made active. Can call in/out and received email/text frm BT saying line is now active etc.

When putting the number into the DSL Checker to order a BB service it says no data is available for this line. That was over 24 hours ago (which is the time it says it can take to update).

In realistic terms, how long "should" i need to wait for it to be updated so i can then place a BB order with my chosen ISP?

How long should i wait before trying to find out whats going on - and any department in particular should i contact?

Many thanks
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jun-12 11:15:24
Print Post

Re: DSL Checker Updates

[re: akwilliams] [link to this post]

Normally it is around 24 hours, but we have seen the DB take 3 days to be updated, if you have received the txt then that normally means the job has been closed down, but there have been some occasions where the job has not been closed down properly and only when its completely closed down will the db get updated.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User akwilliams
(newbie) Fri 01-Jun-12 11:57:38
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Many thanks for your reply.

Now, here's the thing... As you state about the database not updating until the job is closed down, although i have had the email/text from BT saying its active etc, when i log onto my BT account, it says its not going to be activated until the 15th June which was the original date given to me.

Although the phone line is working etc, the job is still showing open, so on that will the database still be updated or will the order showing open on "MyBT" stop that from happening?

Many thanks again

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Fri 01-Jun-12 12:07:30
Print Post

Hi,
The DB wont get updated while there is an open job on the system.
My advice would be to call BT, try to speak with someone who has some idea about what they are doing, say the phone is all working now and can you please close the job off so I can place your broadband order and they should be able to do that, if they wont due to some rubbish red tape, then the db wont update until after the 15th.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User akwilliams
(newbie) Fri 01-Jun-12 12:18:28
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

Thats exactly what i feared. On the line to BT now... We'll see what happens, but i am expecting to be told that it will need to run to the 15th for the order to complete even though the line is active and voice is working in/out etc.

Oh well...

Many thanks for the help.
Standard User akwilliams
(newbie) Tue 05-Jun-12 23:45:56
Print Post

Job was closed during Friday night, database updated and BB ordered on Saturday Morning.

Should have BB activated on the 14th... ADSL2+ Service which others around my area are getting circa 15Mbit... Beats the 3.5Mbit where i have just moved from !! Happy days and fingers crossed for a painless connection!
  Print Thread

Jump to