General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User agentk88
(newbie) Thu 07-Jun-12 22:53:59
Print Post

Orange Brightbox dynddns set up

[link to this post]

Hi there,

I've just received a new Orange Brightbox router and I'm having trouble setting up dyndns. I've previously had this service working on my old router (Thomson 585) and it worked very well.

I've set up the ddns section on the router found system in the advanced set up. I've made sure that dyndns receives my updated ip address ok.

I've also set a reserved ip for the device that I'm intending to connect to using the dhcp section.

What I haven't managed to figure out is how to set up the required port forwarding to an appropriate ip address. Can anyone help???
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-Jun-12 13:13:41
Print Post

Re: Orange Brightbox dynddns set up

[re: agentk88] [link to this post]

Under Advanced Set-Up/NAT?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User agentk88
(newbie) Fri 08-Jun-12 18:13:19
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I've set up port forwarding to the correct reserved ip now under nat. Although I am still unable to get an rdp link.

I've opened ports 80, 23 and 3389.

I've tried temporarily turning off firewalls on both pc's and the router and still no joy. Anyone got any ideas?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 08-Jun-12 19:56:26
Print Post

[re: agentk88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by agentk88:
I've set up port forwarding to the correct reserved ip now under nat. Although I am still unable to get an rdp link.

I've opened ports 80, 23 and 3389.

I've tried temporarily turning off firewalls on both pc's and the router and still no joy. Anyone got any ideas?
Are you trying from inside the network?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User agentk88
(newbie) Sat 15-Dec-12 15:21:20
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes, I was trying from inside the network. This now works from outside the network.

Is there anyway of accessing the router remotely? Is there any way to access the routers admin pages when I am outside of the network?
  Print Thread

Jump to