General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 23-Jun-12 11:37:19
Print Post

Line Activated But Username and Password Not Ready Yet?

[link to this post]

Hey,

I'm trying to help some friends set up ADSL with orange in switzerland. The line has been activated. When the router is connected, it shows sync and correct line stats.

However, the username and password that orange have given us for the DSL connection are rejected with a message that they are not correct. When we called orange, they said that although the line is activated, the activation process is not complete and the username and password won't start working until next wednesday.

can this be correct? I've never heard of a DSL line syncing but not being fully activated before. Is is possible that their line is "partially activated", or did the orange dsl phone support guy just tell us something untrue?

Thanks!

james
Standard User JonRennie
(knowledge is power) Sat 23-Jun-12 11:47:13
Print Post

Re: Line Activated But Username and Password Not Ready Yet?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

The line is activated but the username is not set up - this is perfectly feasible as they're effectively unrelated tasks - both required for your friend to get online but not dependent on each other in any way.

wink Comms is hard wink
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 23-Jun-12 12:05:55
Print Post

[re: JonRennie] [link to this post]

OK, thanks for your response.

It seems a little ridiculous to me that it's going to take them another 4 days to set up a username and password frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ASBOdog
(learned) Sat 23-Jun-12 12:31:43
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

From how plusnet worked if dsl sync was gained before go live date they could push your logon creds manualy. Its up to the isp end of day. Its an extra few chargable days but orange seem dumb on that front.

virgin media 60mb oldh9 http://tinyurl.com/bwkesod
  Print Thread

Jump to