General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jul-12 11:43:57
Print Post

EECB to BT

[link to this post]

Friend with massive BB and fixed line problems in Basingstoke on an estate - not uncommon to have no connection for days at a time, now personal friends with seven BT engineers who call regularly to try and fix the problem - but =never do.

Its been going on for about a year now and the as the customer is a lady and French, I am unconvinced that she gets the right level of service.

Anyone got the CEO, Chairman and any other BT exec email addresses to make up an EECB ?

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 03-Jul-12 11:50:14
Print Post

Re: EECB to BT

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

What's Embodied Energy and Carbon in Buildings got to do with BT?

Is there a problem at her exchange?

Oo la la!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Tue 03-Jul-12 11:57:07
Print Post

Why not PM the BT Care person in the BT section here?

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 03-Jul-12 12:13:25
Print Post

Google it!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Jul-12 12:16:36
Print Post

What is the line sync, attenuation and noise margins.

BT is under no obligation to provide any broadband service, so this needs to be bourne in mind when chasing up, as they may simply say its uneconomic to provide a consumer broadband service to that property.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 03-Jul-12 13:26:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks all but this is way beyond a BT Care issue - I wasn't joking when I said that the owner knows all seven of the local BT repair teams by their first names, she knows the BT care people, and half the call centre in India.

To me, there's a major fault in the cabling and her entire line goes out for days at a time but all that happens is someone calls after three days of no service, no dial tone etc and the engineer mutters, heads off to the exchange (again) an sometimes it comes back the next day. The service is pretty solid when it works as she pays for a Business Grade line - not a residential. She had her last quarter fees refunded by BT as they agreed it wasn't good enough.

She lives on an estate - a modern one, surrounded by houses and apartments with a working BB service, so the 'uneconomic' argument is not exactly relevant. Houses either side of her get a good service apparently. Unless she is the sole pair user on a cable (unlikely) then there must be dozens of not hundreds getting a good service. Its probably as simple as a cable fault but it appears they are happy for her to lose service every few weeks. Its been going on for over a year now. BT Care are useless - they just send someone who fixes it for a couple of days and it recurs - as if someone is just disconnecting a pair at the exchange.

EECB is Executive Email Carpet Bomb - anyone got the CEO email address please ?
Standard User greenglide
(committed) Tue 03-Jul-12 13:31:07
Print Post

Google is a wonderful thing.

Look up coeemail

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 03-Jul-12 13:35:38
Print Post

So are they losing both voice and broadband?

The fact others can get broadband in the same street does not alter the lack of legal obligations on BT. There are enough cases of one house in a street having a differently routed service.

Asking for line attenuation details etc helps people to advice whether you are within the area where BT will probably keep on trying, or where they will say, well thats the best we can do.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-12 19:18:13
Print Post

To me, there's a major fault in the cabling

Yes, but that's just to you. Every time an engineer attends, they must complete at least two tests, an Eclipse test, and an end to end pair quality test, both of these will verify that the pair to the premises are fault free.
they just send someone who fixes it for a couple of days and it recurs - as if someone is just disconnecting a pair at the exchange.

So what is actually being done to clear these faults, if you could describe this, then you might get some insight.
Plenty of good engineers down there, Geoff, John, Morris, all top notch DSL engineers.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Jul-12 20:23:42
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
To me, there's a major fault in the cabling

Yes, but that's just to you. Every time an engineer attends, they must complete at least two tests, an Eclipse test, and an end to end pair quality test, both of these will verify that the pair to the premises are fault free.
they just send someone who fixes it for a couple of days and it recurs - as if someone is just disconnecting a pair at the exchange.

So what is actually being done to clear these faults, if you could describe this, then you might get some insight.
Plenty of good engineers down there, Geoff, John, Morris, all top notch DSL engineers.
A little off topic, but a PQT has never been carried out on my line not when it was installed/ connected (as old line from Grey box outside to inside the window frame) was re-used
Or during any other engineers visit (Fault repair) As for the eclipse test,i'm not sure about, but if it is some sort of remote test suite that the engineer uses his mobile to ring them most probably ,

The last engineer to visit for a voice fault didn't even have a PQT tester, and he also implied that most OR engineers don't carry them as they have only started being issued them, so if they are supposed to be carrying out both tests and they are not how are they supposed to find faults ? as the organ grinders think it reasonable to still stiff the customer of £130 or more without carrying out these basic tests

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 03-Jul-12 20:25:10)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to