General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User monsieur_goat
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-12 12:31:05
Print Post

BT ceased line in error and won't repay charges

[link to this post]

BT ceased my phone line in error (they have admitted it was an error) and I incurred disconnection and re-connection charges from my broadband supplier. Now BT are saying that they won't repay the charges that I incurred, and they even tried to charge me their own disconnection charge. Has anyone else had the same experience.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 13-Jul-12 12:40:43
Print Post

Re: BT ceased line in error and won't repay charges

[re: monsieur_goat] [link to this post]

I had a complete nightmare with BT which endured for a couple of months and still wasn't being resolved effectively. My final resort was an e-mail to the CEO: It was then dealt with at the level of priority which was appropriate.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Jul-12 13:50:57
Print Post

Re: BT ceased line in error and won't repay charges

Formal complaint then ADR.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Fri 13-Jul-12 14:13:29
Print Post

Re:BT ceased line in error and won"t repay charges

Hi monsieur_goat,

I can look into this, so if you want send over your details via the web form below and I'll be able to look into this for you:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

All the best,

Stephanie
BT Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User monsieur_goat
(newbie) Fri 13-Jul-12 23:10:54
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Stephanie, thanks for the offer to use your webform. However, over the past few weeks I have used enough of BT's webforms and got nowhere. So here is a more complete description of what BT did to me ...

A few weeks ago I received an email from BT thanking me for “my order” and saying my line would be ceased in 2 days time. I had never placed an order and called them immediately to ask what was happening. Due to a family bereavement I had to work from home the following week and the last thing I needed was problems with phone and broadband. I was told not to worry and that the order simply related to a property at which we used to live.

Despite the assurances I had received, my line was disconnected two days later and with it went my broadband, which comes from another supplier (we’re on a Market 1 exchange and BT don’t offer a suitable service) who immediately passed on to me the charges they had received from Openreach for the disconnection.

I spent the majority of the next three days attempting to get BT to recognise that they had disconnected me and I needed re-connecting (I had a funeral to organise!) and had to take leave from work as I didn’t have sufficient holiday allowance. BT reconnected my phone in 3 days but offered no assistance with sorting out my broadband.

I was repeatedly told by BT that if I took “broadband from BT” I would be reconnected more quickly. To be honest, I am deeply suspicious that BT were deliberately slowing the process to force me to take their broadband. I was told numerous times that I would be without broadband for 10 days unless I took BT broadband. Remember, it was BT who ceased my line in the first – can you think of a better definition of pressure selling?

I was also informed at the time by residentialservices at BT that they would cover any costs resulting from the disconnection. However, today I have been told that they will not pay any costs, not even the charges for the disconnection and re-connection of my broadband. The only thing that they have said they will pay is the cost for the early-disconnection of my phone line that they had unbelievably added to my most recent phone bill.

I have incurred hundreds of pounds of costs as a result of BT’s mistake and they caused complete chaos at deeply traumatic time for my family. They have admitted that they made a mistake and that their mistake has cost be hundreds of pounds. But they won’t repay me.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Jul-12 23:19:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by monsieur_goat:
Stephanie, thanks for the offer to use your webform. However, over the past few weeks I have used enough of BT's webforms and got nowhere. So here is a more complete description of what BT did to me ...

A few weeks ago I received an email from BT thanking me for “my order” and saying my line would be ceased in 2 days time. I had never placed an order and called them immediately to ask what was happening. Due to a family bereavement I had to work from home the following week and the last thing I needed was problems with phone and broadband. I was told not to worry and that the order simply related to a property at which we used to live.

Despite the assurances I had received, my line was disconnected two days later and with it went my broadband, which comes from another supplier (we’re on a Market 1 exchange and BT don’t offer a suitable service) who immediately passed on to me the charges they had received from Openreach for the disconnection.

I spent the majority of the next three days attempting to get BT to recognise that they had disconnected me and I needed re-connecting (I had a funeral to organise!) and had to take leave from work as I didn’t have sufficient holiday allowance. BT reconnected my phone in 3 days but offered no assistance with sorting out my broadband.

I was repeatedly told by BT that if I took “broadband from BT” I would be reconnected more quickly. To be honest, I am deeply suspicious that BT were deliberately slowing the process to force me to take their broadband. I was told numerous times that I would be without broadband for 10 days unless I took BT broadband. Remember, it was BT who ceased my line in the first – can you think of a better definition of pressure selling?

I was also informed at the time by residentialservices at BT that they would cover any costs resulting from the disconnection. However, today I have been told that they will not pay any costs, not even the charges for the disconnection and re-connection of my broadband. The only thing that they have said they will pay is the cost for the early-disconnection of my phone line that they had unbelievably added to my most recent phone bill.

I have incurred hundreds of pounds of costs as a result of BT’s mistake and they caused complete chaos at deeply traumatic time for my family. They have admitted that they made a mistake and that their mistake has cost be hundreds of pounds. But they won’t repay me.
E-mail or send at formal letter of complaint to their CEO , or register your claim in the small claims court ,sue them for damages the adsl cease fee and re connection/set up fee, plus reasonable expenses for your time in getting this sorted out,

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 14-Jul-12 00:36:46
Print Post

Neither she, nor any other BT_Care rep here, can help you without the phone number and username requested on the form, unless you also PM them with that info and include a link to your post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 14-Jul-12 00:43:02
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Tommy?

Why do you always quote the whole of a post you are replying to?

OK, with a short post it doesn't matter, but when it's a big one it's a pain. We've all read the original. If you only want to make it even clearer who you are replying to than is already clear from the links in your post header when you use the normal Reply button instead of the Quote one, how about doing what I've done here to illustrate? I.e. quote but delete the entire content.

Please? smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jul-12 00:53:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I agree! It's not like he's making a specific point on a particular part of the post.

My arm's aching from scrolling down all that way grin.

@ Tommy: Please resist doing it.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User flippery
(learned) Sat 14-Jul-12 09:53:05
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Good to see BT are reading posts and offering support. Shame though that it needs Media intervention for BT and other ISPs to respond to customers. As viewed regularly here.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to