General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Mon 23-Jul-12 10:48:46
Print Post

Thunderbird cannot receive email

[link to this post]

Thunderbird v.14 installed at the weekend and now it won't receive mail. frown

TB v.14 says 'downloading 1 of 3 messages' for a few seconds, then says 'searching'. The progress bar continues moving for a few minutes as though downloading a big file, but nothing is received. It sends OK and all my messages, including today's tests sent to myself, can be seen via webmail. All are short and one includes a Word document as attachment.

W7, Kaspersky AV, using TB for BT Yahoo email, nothing else was changed, everything else works fine.

I've posted on the Mozilla website but I'm not holding my breath and wondered if some of you experts have any ideas? Thank you.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Jul-12 14:07:49
Print Post

Re: Thunderbird cannot receive email

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

That using POP3? Sometimes, rarely, the mail client can stick on a corrupt msg on server.

Have you another mail client you can confirm it with?

Or do you know how to do raw POP3 via Telnet? If so, try a few RETRs. If that sticks, you need to delete the offending msg.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Mon 23-Jul-12 17:34:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The server had a zip attachment which Thunderbird didn't like. I deleted it as you suggest and TB downloaded the other two messages straight away. I'd never have thought of this.

As usual TBB has the answers, reaching the parts other forums (including Mozilla) can't reach! Many thanks for your advice, Spex smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 23-Jul-12 21:48:58
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

YVW!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to