General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 26-Jul-12 14:15:33
Print Post

Stop Order and MAC on landline in new flat

[link to this post]

I've just moved into a new rented flat and attempted to move landline and phone service across from old flat to the new one, however i've been told there is a stop order on the line, and that another ISP has a tag on it so i can't do anything till that expires.
The stop order is for about 3 weeks from now and i work from home several days a week, so need to get the services moved asap.

I know plenty about MAC and switching BB providers etc, however i have no knowledge about Stop orders.
I have had a search and haven't found much useful info on Stop orders.

What exactly are they? Are they disconnection of the line, or just a ceasing of service by that phone provider?

Is there any way to speed up this process, for instance seeing if landlord is able to get details from previous tenant?

If i get only a MAC code from previous tenant, is that enough to be able to change phone + BB provider or do i need the stop order cancelled as well to change both?

cheers Jonathan
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 26-Jul-12 15:46:04
Print Post

Re: Stop Order and MAC on landline in new flat

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

It means the previous occupant probably did not tell provider about moving until the day of move, thus taking time to stop their services.

A mac only moves the broadband, does nothing for the telephone, and very likely the person was with a full LLU provider before anyway

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to