General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BTwifi
(newbie) Thu 26-Jul-12 22:57:14
Print Post

Wi-Fi at the Olympics

[link to this post]

If you're a BT Broadband customer, you can access free wi-Fi at over 500,000 locations across London for the duration of the Games, including the Olympic Park. All you have to do is remember to bring your BT Broadband login details.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 31-Jul-12 08:25:09
Print Post

Re: Wi-Fi at the Olympics

[re: BTwifi] [link to this post]

All you have to do is remember to bring your BT Broadband login details

homehub@btbroadband.com

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 31-Jul-12 09:30:09
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
All you have to do is remember to bring your BT Broadband login details

homehub@btbroadband.com
What's the password for that?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Daniel_g
(committed) Tue 31-Jul-12 09:46:00
Print Post

I had and experimented with at the few places I found, home routers outside peoples houses and also the odd business downtown, home routers show BT fon as the wifi name.

Never had much luck, sometimes was good and other times just wont go, If it did then dial up speeds would have beeb better.

I use the BT email and password I think.

I got my HH3 router giving out the personal WIFI of DanielsBThub ( changed the name to that) and also 2 others noticed had a bit of a name change to BTWiFi-with-FON

and BTWiFi

Tried getting on my own BTfon by logging in liek I would out and about on someone elses.

Never was anygood, sometimes did, othertimes not.

Moaned about this to the BT bloke that came to sort out phone line this year, he says they can use to get computer on the customers internet but not that good, coming from BT bloke says it all.

Why I keep my HH£ doing this when can opt out, might be good one day if on holiday on a duff 3g place for phone so might find BT hotspot, me things not anygood.
I would noyt rely on it. Always a dissapointment downtown when trying.
Mostly does not log in and give internet connectivity past the landing page, Good then!.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 31-Jul-12 09:48:09
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Works for me. Maybe you're using the wrong password?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Ribble
(committed) Tue 31-Jul-12 10:00:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I have to use the primary email account and password.
It works quite well for me, and when using my phone the android app does the business of logging in.
Standard User Daniel_g
(committed) Tue 31-Jul-12 11:49:26
Print Post

Hello

to be fair just had a go at logging into the btfon wifi my router gives, on the landing page I pick the log in for BT broadband (was a choice of 3 things I think). Looks differnet to when I last did and got fed up experimenting with it.

Speed test gives 2.8 down and 5.6 up that is a bit odd as normaly the other way round of down being higher.

On my private connection is 38/7 Meg on the 40/10 BT infinity.

worked a treat today.

asked for email and the password I guess is set up in microsoft outlook.

Had the google android application that would log on with same details. Horrible program that never worked, ok did sometimes but mostly not so got fed up with it all.

When a good signal outside peoples houses was a good speed some times but mostly rubbish. like not 100Kbs so the 3g on the phone was a better bet and took it off. find 3 network signal ok so the BT fon was a failed experiment. People can share mine as I can use others so being fair and playing along. Router in first floor flat away from public and in a cupboard of the place made of all brick so old place and no plasterboard so signal hardly gets out the property so not shared, not the BT fon system knows that!, I let it broadcast but will not be used unless friends of neighbours use but I wont know and guess not happened.

Nice if it works and doing this on it so does at the moment.

Just first post saying I found it a bit hit and miss on the application on the phone and playing at home.

Lets hope it is working at london as is usefull if it goes. BT bloke months ago had his doubts.
Standard User Daniel_g
(committed) Tue 31-Jul-12 11:52:39
Print Post

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2092932672.png

On BT fon

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2092934257.png

Back on by internet on the HH3.

So does go but not full speed.
Standard User alwall
(member) Tue 31-Jul-12 12:08:25
Print Post

Shame they didn't include St James' Park/Horseguards

BTBroadband
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 31-Jul-12 18:37:38
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daniel_g:
So does go but not full speed.
Do you really want someone outside your house draining all your bandwidth?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to