General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Mon 30-Jul-12 21:08:30
Print Post

Why are TalkTalk picked on if AOL and Orange are worse?

[link to this post]

Just seen the Six UK ISPs Named as Which Mags Recommended Broadband Providers.

(51%) – Virgin Media
(51%) – Sky Broadband
(46%) – BT
(40%) – TalkTalk
(37%) – Orange UK
(28%) – AOL

I know AOL's call centres are currently overseas and I think Orange's are but I'm unsure. So how come it feels like there is a news article every month saying how shocking TalkTalk's overseas support centres are if you can get worse? Why haven't AOL or Orange been penalised?

On a side note isn't it funny how the ones at the bottom of the list are the biggest providers? tongue

(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jul-12 21:42:03
Print Post

Re: Why are TalkTalk picked on if AOL and Orange are worse?

[re: Xplosion] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Xplosion:
Why haven't AOL or Orange been penalised?
Penalised for what? Chasing people for money they don't owe? Sending debt collectors to collect non-existent debts? Threatening & intimidating people who no longer have contracts? ...

Not all customer support is technical phone support!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User Xplosion
(learned) Mon 30-Jul-12 21:47:15
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Why haven't AOL or Orange been penalised?
Not all customer support is technical phone support!

I realize this but if less customers were satisfied with them than with TalkTalk then why are they (TalkTalk) publicized so often for low customer approval?

Edited by Xplosion (Mon 30-Jul-12 21:47:41)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jul-12 22:15:53
Print Post

*Maybe* there's more to it than just CS ?

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jul-12 22:17:58
Print Post

Utility Warehouse came second? Both of their customers must have recommended them.

Oliver.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-12 22:38:50
Print Post

On a side note isn't it funny how the ones at the bottom of the list are the biggest providers? tongue

ISP A: 4 million customers and 1% are unhappy >>> 40000 unhappy customers

ISP B: 5000 customers and 1% are unhappy >>> 50 unhappy customers

So who's going to grab all the headlines? It certainly aint the latter!

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
*Maybe* there's more to it than just CS ?

Don't know about other ISPs but TalkTalk's phone support is the only thing which let's it down. Its actual service is superb: fast consistent speeds 24/7, great pings and they keep the bandwidth rapists away by throttling P2P traffic. I've been so impressed with them that i've just agreed a new heavily discounted 12 month contract with them today...£5.25 per month for their Plus package + £9.50 pm line rental, all confirmed by an online OCE so 100% sure they will honour it.

£14.75 per month for truly unlimited broadband with static ip inclusive of line rental with unlimited UK landline calls grin

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ 18015/1019 kbps
Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jul-12 22:52:26
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
TalkTalk's phone support is the only thing which let is it down.
You obviously don't read the news, e.g. TalkTalk gets the Wooden Spoon award for worst customer service AGAIN

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-12 22:57:30
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

...Don't know about other ISPs but TalkTalk's phone support is the only thing which let's it down. Its actual service is superb: fast consistent speeds 24/7, great pings and they keep the bandwidth rapists away by throttling P2P traffic. I've been so impressed with them that i've just agreed a new heavily discounted 12 month contract with them today...£5.25 per month for their Plus package + £9.50 pm line rental, all confirmed by an online OCE so 100% sure they will honour it.

£14.75 per month for truly unlimited broadband with static ip inclusive of line rental with unlimited UK landline calls grin

...but full LLU on an annual or longer contract may not be everyone’s cup of tea?
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-12 23:03:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
TalkTalk's phone support is the only thing which let is it down.
You obviously don't read the news, e.g. TalkTalk gets the Wooden Spoon award for worst customer service AGAIN

And for every unhappy customer, there's thousands out there which are perfectly happy with TalkTalk. IIRC, the transfer of Tiscali legacy customers onto the TT network wasn't handled that well....especially wrt to the billing platform. However i'm pretty sure every ISP would have had problems when you consider the sheer number of customers being transferred over. TT is no better or worse than other large ISPs such as BT, Virgin etc.

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
(experienced) Mon 30-Jul-12 23:10:54
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
...Don't know about other ISPs but TalkTalk's phone support is the only thing which let's it down. Its actual service is superb: fast consistent speeds 24/7, great pings and they keep the bandwidth rapists away by throttling P2P traffic. I've been so impressed with them that i've just agreed a new heavily discounted 12 month contract with them today...£5.25 per month for their Plus package + £9.50 pm line rental, all confirmed by an online OCE so 100% sure they will honour it.

...but full LLU on an annual or longer contract may not be everyone’s cup of tea?

True but those of us who don't have a gypsy lifestyle will have no qualms about entering annual contracts. As for full LLU, its the only way to get cheaper broadband and telephone line rental. Sooooo glad i'm not on a BT (spit) line anymore smile

Pioneer Kuro 428XD ISF'd
iPhone 4S 16gb
ThinkPad X220
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to