General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User netgem21
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-12 14:57:13
Print Post

BTW (21CN) vs CPW (LLU)

[link to this post]

Hey!

My local exchange just got upgraded to 21CN/LLU and I'm having a lot of difficulty deciding between which network route to go down. I'm currently with Xilo and I'm weighing up the two packages: Office (21CN) vs Pro 24 (LLU).

Price isn't an issue, but performance is. I'm currently on an ADSL Max line syncing at 8128/832 with line attenuation of 21dB and I want a service that will give me the fastest download/upload possible.

What do you think would be the best route to go down?

Many thanks!
Standard User JNeuhoff
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:11:02
Print Post

Re: BTW (21CN) vs CPW (LLU)

[re: netgem21] [link to this post]

We were in a similar situation a year ago, and most certainly the CPW LLU is a better option in terms of reliability, especially since it doesn't have to use the BT network, other than the local loop between house and exchange.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:22:02
Print Post

Don't think much of Office (21CN)! It just offered me 8 Meg speed on a line that's currently getting 20 Meg on WBC (that;s the real title of BB on 21CN exchanges)

Other than the IP Profile, which is more direct on WBC, 21CN and LLU are much the same as they both use the same ADSL2+ technology over the same copper. the only diff will be how the ISP manages the line.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:41:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by netgem21:
...I'm weighing up the two packages: Office (21CN) vs Pro 24 (LLU).

If cost is not a significant issue then I would certainly recommend uno Pro 24 partial LLU. I'm currently on Pro 24 and have been considering a move to 21CN WBC now that my exchange has been upgraded, however I've been looking at what other ISP's can offer also - I'm obviously reluctant to leave Xilo though, since their support and service is superb.

Thanks for starting this thread because it might be very interesting to hear what others have to say about Office (21CN) and perhaps uno Home 21CN products also smile
Standard User netgem21
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:43:12
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
In reply to a post by netgem21:
...I'm weighing up the two packages: Office (21CN) vs Pro 24 (LLU).

If cost is not a significant issue then I would certainly recommend uno Pro 24 partial LLU. I'm currently on Pro 24 and have been considering a move to 21CN WBC now that my exchange has been upgraded, however I've been looking at what other ISP's can offer also - I'm obviously reluctant to leave Xilo though, since their support and service is superb.

Thanks for starting this thread because it might be very interesting to hear what others have to say about Office (21CN) and perhaps uno Home 21CN products also smile

Thanks! Funny thing is, I'm looking at the 80GB Office package which is actually £10 more than the Pro 24!
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:59:45
Print Post

It was the Home 25GB 21CN (un-metered off peak) deal that interested me, which was promptly confirmed as being available at my exchange via an enquiry ticket - an internal Xilo migration from partial LLU (CPW) to 21CN WBC fee of £48 was quoted though!
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:22:32
Print Post

One plus note on 21CN is if the line is stable, the target SNR will eventually drop to 3db - hence more speed over some LLU services - most are 6db default.

You should see 20Mb on your line.

-

Xilo.net Office 21CN

Edited by wolvesmad (Fri 03-Aug-12 16:30:42)

Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:24:44
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Can't really get away from that fee i'm afraid - I wish we could!

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Manchester Speedtest.net Host
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:34:58
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

smile
Standard User netgem21
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-12 16:45:07
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
One plus note on 21CN is if the line is stable, the target SNR will eventually drop to 3db - hence more speed over some LLU services - most are 6db default.

You should see 20Mb on your line.

Does the SNR not drop on CPW? My modem (Sitecom DC-227) won't tell me any stats other than line attenuation, but it never disconnects so I presume the SNR is stable.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to