General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Moradin
(member) Thu 23-Aug-12 17:58:25
Print Post

Which faceplate?

[link to this post]

currently have a faceplate, with just a single connection for broadband. i presume the back part is NT5 thingy..

what faceplate do i need to buy, to give me one for broadband, one for phone line.

will be getting infinity in 2-6 months.

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User 4M2
(experienced) Thu 23-Aug-12 18:27:14
Print Post

Re: Which faceplate?

[re: Moradin] [link to this post]

I think when infinity is installed a filtered faceplate will be fitted by the engineer - others on this forum should be able to confirm this though...
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Thu 23-Aug-12 18:42:13
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
I think when infinity is installed a filtered faceplate will be fitted by the engineer - others on this forum should be able to confirm this though...
Yes they do - it will be one of the new VDSL interstitial ones (it's like the iPlate) and they should do it as part of the installation. In the meantime, if you want to fit one yourself and feel like sporting the money, Clarity do them for £13.75 http://www.clarity.it/xcart/home.php?cat=262

Not as neat as the earlier ones IMHO but there we are......

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Aug-12 20:32:15
Print Post

[re: Tacitus] [link to this post]

it's like the iPlate

No it's not. It fit's the NTE in the same fashion as an i-plate, but it's a faceplate filter, identical to the one you have linked on the Clarity site. No BB/VDSL signal on extension wiring connected, unlike the i-plate.

Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Sat 25-Aug-12 08:28:35
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
it's like the iPlate

No it's not. It fit's the NTE in the same fashion as an i-plate, but it's a faceplate filter, identical to the one you have linked on the Clarity site. No BB/VDSL signal on extension wiring connected, unlike the i-plate.
Yes I'm well aware of that, but it's an interstitial plate, fits like an iPlate and, to the casual observer looks similar to an iPlate. IE it's 'like' the iPlate.

Sorry, I suppose I should have been clearer, but heigh ho....... smile
  Print Thread

Jump to