General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 29-Aug-12 08:49:14
Print Post

BT price hike

[link to this post]

It's not just electricity and gas that will be going up in price in the near future frown

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2012...

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 29-Aug-12 09:06:25
Print Post

Re: BT price hike

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

It is called inflation. Prices go UP and BT is no different to any other company. They will see massive increases in energy prices and other costs. Business rates have gone up significantly and remember, every pole, cabinet and fibre duct is another business rate liability that BT has.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User flippery
(member) Wed 29-Aug-12 09:24:48
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
It is called inflation. Prices go UP and BT is no different to any other company. They will see massive increases in energy prices and other costs. Business rates have gone up significantly and remember, every pole, cabinet and fibre duct is another business rate liability that BT has.

Agreed, but this is the 4th rise in 2 years and equates to 20%, in some cases, over this period.
If the extra profits generated funded a better service and investment then fine. However, a large proportion will go on funding pension deficit, and other areas not related to service.

Edited by flippery (Wed 29-Aug-12 09:54:13)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 29-Aug-12 09:37:34
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

EEk! Please edit the spelling of the word following "pension". As it is it can read rather yukkily, allowing for Americanisms and a disregard for the ending. tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User professor973
(member) Wed 29-Aug-12 09:46:54
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:

Many things are virtually NO cost to BT. One example is connecting a call, which is all automated. This is proven by them selling bulk line and calls to the likes of Zen, who then charge me 1.5p daytime, 1.0p nights and weekends, along with NO call connection fee, no contract tie-in and per second billing. All these 'Fees' and price hikes are just a crafty way to push everyone onto the Option 3 call package. B.T. have overheads, but they should be covered by their extortionate line rental charge.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/68380009.png

Edited by professor973 (Wed 29-Aug-12 11:10:40)

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 29-Aug-12 10:34:12
Print Post

Worse luck for those on Market 1 exchanges.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-Aug-12 11:10:34
Print Post

Makes me glad I decided to get rid of my landline. other providers will put their line rental up as well.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to