General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 07-Sep-12 11:30:20
Print Post

O/T: Recommend a bug sweeper?

[link to this post]

Serious question. I run a very small intellectual property law firm. A number of clients have asked how secure we are in terms of corporate/industrial espionage. Unfortunately we are unable to assure them that our premises are bug free.

Frankly I think the probability of having bugs in my premises is about zero but to satisfy my clients that I have taken due diligence in this regard, can someone recommend an inexpensive but reliable bug detector?

I've looked around personally and they can be anything from a few quid to thousands of pounds. I don't want to look like an idiot holding a box with flashing LEDs that does just that, but I also don't want to fork out too much money over what I think to be a theoretical risk. My budget is at most a few hundred quid, but I'd rather spend under £100 for one.
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Sep-12 16:29:09
Print Post

Re: O/T: Recommend a bug sweeper?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Purchasing an inexpensive bug detector, even if such a thing exists, doesn't sound like due diligence to me. You need to go to professional security firms who can provide sound advice, effective help and well-documented evidence that you have taken reasonable steps to ensure that your premises are secure.

'Sir, please,' she said... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Ian M. Banks - Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
  Print Thread

Jump to