General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Pillzandskillz
(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-12 13:15:00
Print Post

BT Infinity and RFS date

[link to this post]

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/MYCSG

I was curious about a number of things , on that link there it states that the RFS date is 30/09/2012 , now i assume this is when they start upgrading my box. Now ive checked every day for the last 3 months on bts site for infinity and its still saying i cant get it , i was wondering will they actually stick to the day above or could it happen earlier? Its also been setback 20 day's from the previous date which was the 11th of September. Im just getting so frustrated with my current service when im used to having a 100meg.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 09-Sep-12 13:30:02
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity and RFS date

[re: Pillzandskillz] [link to this post]

30/09/12 is just a 'holding' date, which seems to issue RFS dates in three month blocks. With a couple of days to go, it will most likely be pushed back to 30/12/12.

(newbie) Sun 09-Sep-12 13:42:04
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
30/09/12 is just a 'holding' date, which seems to issue RFS dates in three month blocks. With a couple of days to go, it will most likely be pushed back to 30/12/12.

Well it was on the 11th September from January 2012 crazy Then a few months ago changed to 30th of September,

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 09-Sep-12 14:33:45
Print Post

If no work has been done to add the FTTC cabinet then you will be seeing the date slip, very rare for an install to RFS to go through in the time left

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sun 09-Sep-12 16:06:10
Print Post

Does your local cab have an FTTC twin?
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 01:10:16
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

I know it has virgin media , ive been with virgin media and the service was just terrible.
Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Mon 10-Sep-12 08:59:04
Print Post

FTTC as in BT FTTC. Go out and have a look. It's the only real way to monitor progress.
Standard User Bob_s2
(member) Mon 10-Sep-12 11:59:46
Print Post

BT are constantly missing the dates. The dates published are little more than fiction all it really means is at the time they intended to enable the area at some unknown date

Of the last list they published there were a 194 exchanges planned for completion by September the 30th. To date they have only actually achieved about 30% of that figure. At the current progress they may make the 40% mark by the end of the month
All the exchanges witha December date are likely to be pushed out to March but with little likely hood that any of them will be enabled in March

Edited by Bob_s2 (Mon 10-Sep-12 12:05:23)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 10-Sep-12 12:44:44
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

The weather has not just affected BT this year, altnets have been taking longer to get their roll-outs done in between the weather problems.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Mon 10-Sep-12 16:02:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ive seen BT engineers up the road , not on my box but boxes close to my house , they had little tents set up and they have been there for like 4 hours. I went past them on the way out today. Good sign?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to