General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PrideNJoy2012
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:33:40
Print Post

Haven't been billied for over 3 years for broadband !!!

[link to this post]

Hi,

I was with BE unlimited broadband for over a year, and decided to change to O2 which was cheaper also I thought was another company but found out later both owned by O2, I accepted all the online contracts as normal and have a email saying they will bill me at a certain date, and at a certain rate, since then I've had NO emails, letters, informing me of ANYTHING !!
Also the D/D which was set up for O2 is still active but they have taken NOTHING, this is over 3 years now smile

So a few questions :-

1:- Even thou they have'nt told me of ANY price increase can they force it on me, at any point and back date it ?
2:- I feel as thou if I have a problem, should I keep quiet and have no internet, or should I contact BE or O2 and ask them to fix it,,,, remembering Im not gettting billed for ANY UNLIMITED internet, and I mean NO slow down, i.e 10Mbps download at ANYTIME also I've download over 300gb per month for over 10 months and no slow down,,, NOTHING !!!!
(Just to let you know I'm with BE when I check my ISP, but I'm not Im with O2) email to confirm all

I cant moan but scared !!!

Please give me your advise !

Thanks
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:47:16
Print Post

Re: Haven't been billied for over 3 years for broadband !!!

[re: PrideNJoy2012] [link to this post]

You can't have you cake and eat it!

You must admit that as you've been receiving the service you ordered, you should pay for it.

You yourself let it slide for 3 years w/out querying it.

3 years is not sufficient for the debt to become statute-barred (Limitations Act 1980); they can chase you for up to 6 years.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:50:15
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

So what your saying is for ever year what passes AFTER 6 years they cant get that money back.

Also I now know I signed up for £10.00 monthly now the min. is £15.00 can they back date charges or is this a fault on there behalf, and have to give a a set time to accept or decline the increase ? and if they haven't informed me does that me I get away with it ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:55:07
Print Post

If you haven't been notified of any increase, then there is no increase.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Sep-12 20:59:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by PrideNJoy2012:
since then I've had NO emails, letters, informing me of ANYTHING !!
Have you looked in all your email a/c's, particularly the O2 mailbox you got when you applied?

(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 21:01:40
Print Post

So what your saying is, if after for example after 10 years the price is £25.00 they can, IF or WHEN they find out can ONLY charge me contract price of £10 for the past x years, as they havent emailed or mailed me ?
(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 21:04:09
Print Post

Yes and nothing !! I DONT have a O2 account, that's what it's saying !
Standard User omnius
(regular) Tue 25-Sep-12 21:06:53
Print Post

you probably do, when i went with o2 they set one up as part of the order

A little side note there are BE (and prob O2) rep's active on these forums so chances are this will now be being looked into

---------------------------

I live for the one, I die for the one.
Yep i really am THAT thick!

Smallworld Cable ..... 5Meg then upped to 20Meg
O2 ADSL2+ .... 13.6Meg (ish)
Sky ADSL2+ .... 3.5Meg
Sky FTTC .... Should be getting the full 40/10 to start, upgrading to pro if i need it (EST speeds 72.1/20)

Edited by omnius (Tue 25-Sep-12 21:08:50)

(newbie) Tue 25-Sep-12 21:09:25
Print Post

[re: omnius] [link to this post]

I've checked every email I sent and recieved from my order and have them in a folder which includes payments d/d dates, swap over dates, but since then NO email's regarding another account or ANYTHING else smile
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 25-Sep-12 21:46:52
Print Post

It is down to negotiation, legally I believe they can ask for the back amounts, but there are rules about being able to spread it out. Negotiation can reduce this particularly if you can show you have attempted to pay the bill and they have made no effort.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to