General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 09-Oct-12 16:19:59
Print Post

How to progress with my dilema?

[link to this post]

Hey guys, not sure how to move on from this, I work at home uploaded and managing a website VOD's due to popular pick up of the site lately. my boss has requested i have faster upload speed of 1.7+.

This is a full time well paying job, one i can't afford to lose of give up however i'm currently with talk talk residential on ADSL2+. I Receive about 20Mb's download 1Mb's upload constantly with no issues.. Clearly this is not enough.

The plan was the move home however my Mother has been told she needs not 1 but 2 hip replacements and as of such moving right now is not possible.

Does anyone have any solution? I'm on the West Auckland exchange literally about 2 poles away less then 100 meters from it. and there is no plans for Fibre or anything really.... ADSL2+ will be here for a long time.

If it helps the Postcode is DL14 9UD

Cheers Etch
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Oct-12 16:34:07
Print Post

Re: How to progress with my dilema?

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

If you are getting 20Mb down then you may be able to get Annex M which will increase your upload for a small loss in download. You may be able to do this via one of the resellers of TalkTalk LLU (perhaps Vivaciti or Xilo).

Other than that you are into leased line territory on that exchange. High install costs and high monthly rental. If you had FTTC then that would be an option but not on your exchange at present.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 09-Oct-12 16:38:08
Print Post

You could go for a bonded solution which will double your upload.

I will also suggest that as it is important for you to retain the work a Residential service is not for you and you should look at a Business level service with the guarantees it can provide and remember, the costs are tax deductible if they are not paid by your employer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 09-Oct-12 16:38:18
Print Post

http://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/help-and-resources...

TalkTalk Business does Annex M - which if on a short line which you seem to be should offer 2.5 Meg uploads so could keep boss quiet.

There are resellers of the TalkTalk Annex M product you usually hang around the forums too.

You could also look at bonded solutions, which can link two or more lines together.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 09-Oct-12 16:44:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
There are resellers of the TalkTalk Annex M product you usually hang around the forums too.

How many resellers have you hung/hanged recently - and are they dry yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 09-Oct-12 18:43:08
Print Post

I'm not looking to go into a business line quite yet (All though something i will have to do eventually) and ideally only want a month - month contract do any of you guys know any re sellers who fit this Criteria?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 10-Oct-12 00:07:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
I'm not looking to go into a business line quite yet (All though something i will have to do eventually) and ideally only want a month - month contract do any of you guys know any re sellers who fit this Criteria?
Doesn't that contradict the importance of the full-time job?

Another possibility is Be if O2/Be is present at your exchnage. They do Annex M and you can have a 3-month contract.

As others have said, look at the resellers of TalkTalk connections. As I understand it some resell the TT network, others just use the TT DSLAM and offer monthly contracts.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Oct-12 12:48:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Be wasn't showing on Samknows. Just Sky or TalkTalk (and Sky don't do Annex M as far as I am aware).
  Print Thread

Jump to