General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 04-Nov-12 14:31:57
Print Post

Fibre info guides need some updating

[link to this post]

I'm looking at maybe going over to fibre and have been using some of your guides but it seems that, many are wrong and out of date.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key...

ADSL24 fibre only is 8am-8pm Mon-Fri now, not 8am-Midnight Mon-Fri.

Goscomb starter is now 50GB not 30GB

IDNET links no longer work and seems to be business only now.

Xilo/UNO fibre is out of date. See here http://community.xilo.net/topic/1657-new-fttc-packages/

I have also used these
http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/isps_offering_fttc.html
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband....

No Xilo fibre on thinkbroadband list. They could all do with a bit of updating.

It's really confusing when trying to look for fibre broadband at the moment, so hope you don't mind me pointing out these errors.

Thanks. smile
Standard User benbird7
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Nov-12 16:05:56
Print Post

Re: Fibre info guides need some updating

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Sky Fiber is now two products 40/10 for £20 and 80/20 for £30 a month.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 04-Nov-12 18:14:16
Print Post

In case you haven't looked at Plusnet, you should smile.

I had a year on IDNet fibre and am now on the far cheaper Plusnet, and no regrets. (80/20, 250GB peak allowance, £19.99).

When I update my website I shall probably remove my list, and also the link I have to the orly/yarwell spreadsheet. They were only really useful when FTTC was new. Now probably all ISPs offer it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 04-Nov-12 18:15:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 04-Nov-12 19:26:20
Print Post

2 out of 3 of those guides are unofficial and nowt to do with this site.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User superspeed
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:37:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hi Roberto, yes I was looking at plusnet but i'm not sure they are suitable. I may post in the other forum for more advice.

Roberto I have some more information on another isp for you, to update. Web Tapestry no longer exists in the way it did before. I called Web Tapestry yesterday and they have been bought out by m247. http://www.m247.com/

Cached webpage of removed service from yesterday.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache...

On the old Web Tapestry, they did have good value, Superfasthome Basic £30 inc VAT and 100GB download but are no longer available, as for reasons said above. They have now removed the pages as I suggested, because it was not available.

They sent me a PDF with the new prices but under m247. So you may want to remove Web Tapestry from your website and update it, same for thinkbroadband.

A copy and paste from PDF of current fibre prices. They do more but just posting fibre for now.

FTTC is currently only provided through our partner - BT. We will always provide at the fastest speed available which is
currently up to 80Mb/s for the download and 20Mb/s on the upload.

Package 30GB 50GB 100GB 200GB 350GB
Ex Vat £25.00 £35.00 £45.00 £65.00 £100.00
Inc Vat £30.00 £42.00 £54.00 £78.00 £120.00

smile

Edited by superspeed (Wed 07-Nov-12 11:40:06)

Standard User superspeed
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:46:13
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Ray, the members who made them helpfull guides, happen to be well known members of thinkbroadband, so it's only right I post on here. They even say to contact them on thinkbroadband.

Thinkbroadband needs to update their Fibre guide as well, so may as well post it here and helps both out. smile

Edited by superspeed (Wed 07-Nov-12 11:50:29)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Nov-12 11:52:26
Print Post

I am confused by this post, which guide are you actually talking about?

We would not list Xilo on there, as they have not got an ISP listing in our main ISP section. The guide is a summary page of the specifically fibre based services.

The largest problem is keeping lists like this up to date, and short of spending a whole day each week going through the offers one has to rely on the providers themselves, and even then we have found them releasing contradictory information at times.

In the future if there are issues with our listing, best to post in Talk to the Staff.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User superspeed
(newbie) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:00:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

This guide http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.... scroll down.

ADSL24, Vivaciti, vispa, aquiss are all on their, so why not xilo? They are all resellers but they do resell BT fibre. smile

Edited by superspeed (Wed 07-Nov-12 12:01:55)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:06:38
Print Post

[re: superspeed] [link to this post]

Those you list recently satisfied the site criteria for classification as ISPs, rather than vISPs (plain resellers). Plain resellers are not (never have been) listed.

I expect xilo/uno satisfy the criteria as well. If so, they just need to let the site owners have the relevant data smile.

Thanks for the further info. The buildup of things I'm too lazy to update is scary.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 07-Nov-12 12:14:04
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

What ^ he said

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to