General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User christm3
(newbie) Wed 14-Nov-12 11:25:45
Print Post

Serious line problems

[link to this post]

Hi everyone,

So for the past 3 months or so I've been having some serious line problems. I am a BT broadband customer and have been for 9 or so years.

The issue:

Every time a call is made in or out the broadband connected drops out for 2-3 minutes and then reconnects. The connected does also drops now and then (4-6 times a day) without the landline phone being used.

I am on ADSL 2+ and am frustrated that my speed is so poor compared to what I should be getting and more importantly that my connection constantly drops.

I have done the quiet line test and no / very very little noise can be heard.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 14-Nov-12 11:53:20
Print Post

Re: Serious line problems

[re: christm3] [link to this post]

Firstly check your filters and then check all of your wiring for loose connections, bent pins &c. Once you are sure that is all OK, you can start further diagnosis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Nov-12 11:56:22
Print Post

Re: Serious line problems

[re: christm3] [link to this post]

This thing to do is swap out the filters. is the router plugged into the master socket? if so try using the test socket make a test call and if it still drops then you could have a HR fault, but if when plugged into the test socket with a new filter it does not drop, then you could look at a filtered face plate to try to sort the issues out as this will filter all other extensions in the house.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to