General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User liitleweed
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 08:57:54
Print Post

cease fee llu migration to fttc

[link to this post]

Hi, migrating from MPF to FTTC. Current provider says you can't migrate from MPF and wants to charge me for ceasing my service. Are they pulling a fast one?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:10:16
Print Post

Re: cease fee llu migration to fttc

[re: liitleweed] [link to this post]

While a MAC migration is not possible, Openreach should not raise the cease charges if a best practice migration takes place.

In this case the gaining provider would place a linked order for phone and broadband on the line.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:21:23
Print Post

Which ISP are you wishing to leave? Did you sign up to them from scratch, or migrate in to them?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Wed 21-Nov-12 09:22:07)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User liitleweed
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:34:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Only option with current provider is to apply for mac online or cease, again online once order accepted by new provider for a fee since I'm "ending the bundled service, not actually migrating ".
Charge between £25 - £33
Standard User liitleweed
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:36:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Uno/Xilo, migrated to them originally on btw then transferred to their TTB product.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:37:51
Print Post

That is because the move off of full LLU can be driven totally by the new provider. The wholesale systems in the background should notify the provider.

e.g. I move off of TalkTalk LLU to Sky LLU (phone and BB), just phoned and ordered with Sky, then the letters arrived from TalkTalk and a retention call

You new provider should be advising you of the course of action to take, remember they are gaining your business.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User liitleweed
(newbie) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:49:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Actually new provider have provided regular updates etc.. I just raised a ticket with xilo giving my 30 days notice as required and thought that was enough but they say I have to cease their service once order with new provider is accepted. Only way to do that is online where the fee is mentioned and as xilo say "the new provider ceases our service when you shift over to the new provider so the cease always applies".
Maybe I should have said nothing to xilo.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:51:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by liitleweed:
... again online once order accepted by new provider for a fee since I'm "ending the bundled service, not actually migrating ".
Uh?

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying there.

Are you leaving Xilo/uno completely, or upgrading to non-TalkTalk FTTC with them, or what?

Have you phoned them up, or are you just looking at a web form that might not be fit for purpose?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 09:54:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by liitleweed:
Actually new provider have provided regular updates etc.. I just raised a ticket with xilo giving my 30 days notice as required and thought that was enough but they say I have to cease their service once order with new provider is accepted. Only way to do that is online where the fee is mentioned and as xilo say "the new provider ceases our service when you shift over to the new provider so the cease always applies".
Maybe I should have said nothing to xilo.
Hmmmm. I think I've seen something about this before. I'll look around, in a bit.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 21-Nov-12 10:01:25
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It may be the case that the Xilo raise the fee themselves independent of what Openreach/BT Wholesale charge

It is normal to double check with old provider once the new one is up and running to check they have ceased billing, i.e. have been notified that you have left. The layer cake of wholesale may mean that some providers don't get notified always.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to